forum_new.gif
- win
thread_hot.gif
- fail.

laghlagh

L6: Sharp Member
Jul 15, 2008
I think you posted the wrong link.

Anyway, the new icons are awesome. Good job on them, now the forums look much more TF2-ish!

No, look under each posters avatar. Those are the awards.

A Boojum Snark

Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado
aa
Nov 2, 2007
Stickies should look like sticky bomb!
I was going to make a stickybomb to replace the pushpin for sticky threads, because it would have been perfect, but I couldn't make it look good at ~12 pixels, and I think it would break the tables if it was larger and the sticky was also rated. :(
so... don't think I can. Though I could always make and send one to pepper to try...

FaTony said:
Because Hot threads and Hot threads with new posts have almost the same color. And BLU sux too.
Says the man with a blue avatar :p But uhh, the red-team red is noticeably brighter than the dulled version when they are both there. Though if more people think they need to be farther apart I could adjust it.

Notoorjus said:
Completely unrelated, but can you have small handy pixel icons like here , not the giant ones taking up important bandwith!
I doubt we'll ever be giving out as many awards as that place... but bandwidth is hardly an issue, since the browser should be caching the image anyway.

laghlagh

Jul 15, 2008
I doubt we'll ever be giving out as many awards as that place... but bandwidth is hardly an issue, since the browser should be caching the image anyway.
The bandwith thing was just a joke, but having awards at the size of avatars is unnecessary.

A Boojum Snark

aa
Nov 2, 2007
The bright red, blue and gray ones are all exactly the same color as they are in-game... so I'm sorta confounded as to why they seem so gray to you. The dull one I can change and make more gray, I wasn't sure what to do with it in the first place.

The two different styles I did just because it seems forums always have one for threads and one for boards, so I didn't really put thought into which is better :p

AWESOME-O

L10: Glamorous Member
Mar 20, 2008
can someone repost them?
I dont see them, nor in chrome, nor in firefox

A Boojum Snark

aa
Nov 2, 2007
They are active on the forum, you probably have the old ones cached still, force a full content reload by hold shift when hitting refresh. (for firefox anyway, dunno what chrome's is)

laghlagh

Jul 15, 2008
num1ek8.gif

num2cc5.gif

num3ix3.gif

I was thinking like this :/

Ida

deer
aa
Jan 6, 2008
Those are not bad at all, but they're just so boring. They should at least be themed.

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
The contrast difference doesn't have to be massive.

The red are fine, it's only really the blue and grey that have a tendancy to be hard to disdinguish between.

A Boojum Snark

aa
Nov 2, 2007
Well... I was hoping for quick input but there wasn't many people in the chat, nor any of you... so I was going to post here but then things ran further than I expected... so I'm just dumping all the cars from my train of thought in here.

test.png

So here is a preview with all my ideas in the order they came. O is the current stuff. 1, 2 and 3 are various TF2 reds n blues. Then a friend suggested the gray be lighter since no-new really shouldn't stand out. That led me to the idea in column 4, which bypasses the issue of contrast entirely. Finally resulting in 5 which is my preference.

So what's the opinion on 5? Any colors in 1, 2 or 3 you'd prefer instead? The CP board red would be changed to match a changed thread red. I feel all locked threads would become paddlelock-on-gray, regardless of heat level (it's locked... not like it matters).

edit 3 weeks later: guess it wasn't very important after all!

Last edited: