"the system cannot find the file specified" error

Nav_Generate

L1: Registered
Jun 5, 2018
I started making a piece of my new map, and wanted to compile to see if everything worked. but then it says "the system cannot find the file specified" after compiling, and was wondering if anyone could help out?

** Executing...
** Command: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Team Fortress 2\bin\vbsp.exe"
** Parameters: -game "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Team Fortress 2\tf" "C:\Users\George\Downloads\map.vmf"

Valve Software - vbsp.exe (Aug 2 2018)
8 threads
materialPath: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Team Fortress 2\tf\materials
Loading C:\Users\George\Downloads\map.vmf
BaseWindingForPlane: no axis found

** Executing...
** Command: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Team Fortress 2\bin\vvis.exe"
** Parameters: -game "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Team Fortress 2\tf" -fast "C:\Users\George\Downloads\map"

Valve Software - vvis.exe (Aug 2 2018)
fastvis = true
8 threads
reading c:\users\George\downloads\map.bsp
Error opening c:\users\George\downloads\map.bsp

** Executing...
** Command: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Team Fortress 2\bin\vrad.exe"
** Parameters: -game "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Team Fortress 2\tf" -noextra "C:\Users\George\Downloads\map"

Valve Software - vrad.exe SSE (Jul 18 2018)

Valve Radiosity Simulator
8 threads
[Reading texlights from 'lights.rad']
unknown light specifier type - lights

[56 texlights parsed from 'lights.rad']

Loading c:\users\George\downloads\map.bsp
Error opening c:\users\George\downloads\map.bsp

** Executing...
** Command: Copy File
** Parameters: "C:\Users\George\Downloads\map.bsp" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Team Fortress 2\tf\maps\map.bsp"

The command failed. Windows reported the error:
"The system cannot find the file specified."

DrSquishy

we've all had better times to die
aa
Feb 10, 2017
This error occurs due to something else in your compilelog. I found 'BaseWindingForPlane: no axis found'. I don't know how this is fixed though

Da Spud Lord

Occasionally I make maps
aa
Mar 23, 2017
Interlopers didn't recognize the error, but if I had to guess, I'd say you have an invalid solid. Use alt-p to see if you have any.

DrSquishy

we've all had better times to die
aa
Feb 10, 2017
This fixes a similar error, might fix this one?: Open up the VMF in notepad or another text editor, then find and replace all instances of 'nan' with some random number like 3000

Nav_Generate

L1: Registered
Jun 5, 2018
This fixes a similar error, might fix this one?: Open up the VMF in notepad or another text editor, then find and replace all instances of 'nan' with some random number like 3000
There is quite a few nans left for me to replace, ill see if it worked soon.

obodobear

L4: Comfortable Member
Mar 15, 2016
I had this issue in one of my maps a while back, and the cause of the porblem was a game_text entity. I found it by using the cordon bounds until I could pinpoint the entity. Maybe give that a go and see if you have any luck.