The Official TF2M Minecraft Server

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Erich, Dec 16, 2010.

1. Erich

Erich L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Drp was kind enough to put it on the NY server. I'll be in charge of it, and before I edit this post with all the official things, I want to democratically figure this out first:

What kind of server do you want? You've got 48 hours. I'll make some overriding judgment if it's counterproductive.

2. nik

nik L12: Fabulous Member

Positive Ratings:
    classic only

3. ardysqrrl

ardysqrrl L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    pve

edit for clarification: minecraft as it stands now is about survival, there are plenty of things in the world to survive from. pvp survival is just counterproductive and I think a group of mappers would far rather create things together

Last edited: Dec 16, 2010
  4. owly-oop

aa owly-oop im birb

Positive Ratings:
    keep pvp off, pvp is the worst possible thing you could do to the server

anyone who disagrees has a very weird definition of fun or hasn't tried out pvp yet

spoiler: it sucks

5. Erich

Positive Ratings:
    My personal tastes will be towards hMod with no item spawn whatsoever. PvP off. Monsters on. Not publicly giving out IP, and you can only invite friends. No friends of friends. I might change the friend thing, sometime, though.

Until then, it's just going to be with the rules above. PM me if you want the IP.

6. DJive

aa DJive Cake or Death?

Positive Ratings:
    Hey0's is a must !

PVP isn't a big deal to the people who want no pvp.

Ive yet to see it happen more then a punch and I've never seen anyone die by it lol.

I would list it as well. As it would have proper admining and moderation along with all the hey0's mods it can be pretty self substaining and backups for if something does go through.

If not wanting to list I would certainly still have it listed just have it whitelisted so people know we have one but need to get the info to connect.

7. Numerous

Numerous L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    I don't suppose there would be a way to have PVP only work on people who have PVP personally enabled? Or to have only one single specific "PVP spot", or something?

Anyways, PM ME THE IP

8. Erich

Positive Ratings:
    Well, the server isn't exactly up since drp hasn't been home to start it yet, so I have a little time to still tweak stuff. I'll definitely consider that, though Djive. Can you link me to the plugin that saves backups?

9. DJive

aa DJive Cake or Death?

Positive Ratings:
  10. Erich

Positive Ratings:
    Anyways, server is up. PM me on steam ideally, but on here will work good, too.

11. grazr

aa grazr Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle

Positive Ratings:
  12. Moose

Moose L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    this.

13. Erich

Positive Ratings:
    Vandalism if going on on a large level. I know who you are, and i'm giving who you people are doing a warning; if you didn't make it, don't take it.