TF2maps presents: The Pacific Pack!

Fantaboi

Gone and one day forgotten
aa
Mar 11, 2013
Pacific versions of the ABCD signs wouldn't be such a bad idea

hmm, but how would I go about that, and what specific signs do you mean? The overlay or models?

Beetle

L9: Fashionable Member
Aug 17, 2008
hmm, but how would I go about that, and what specific signs do you mean? The overlay or models?

Whichever. There are probably better ideas out there, but I meant something simple like changing the circle to a starfish or a seashell shape. People might argue that those types of things shouldn't ever change since we're all familiar with the original, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

As for other, completely new, ideas...possibly some posters. Those are always easy enough. For a model, perhaps something you'd find in an exotic resort.

henke37

aa
Sep 23, 2011
Happy one year anniversary! We should do an event later to celebrate.

Freyja

aa
Jul 31, 2009
Hey! We have a few maps!

Suijin (well, this sorta became it's own thing)
Stallone
Discovery
Tethys (Although I passed this to sword because I grew annoyed with it)
Perilous
Sundown

There has been stuff happening, you people just forgot it was part of the pacific pack :p

Last edited:

Bakscratch

Finisher of Maps
aa
Oct 29, 2010
Hey! We have a few maps!

Suijin (well, this sorta became it's own thing)
Stallone
Discovery
Perilous
Sundown

There has been stuff happening, you people just forgot it was part of the pacific pack :p

YEAH!, I'm sure Suijin, Stallone and Discovery are almost done.

Snowbat

L4: Comfortable Member
Apr 23, 2013
Awww f***.
I'm making a maya themed map set in the Andes mountains. It's kinda jungle-ish, but no island :(

Apr 14, 2013
Will this ever become a complete downloadable pack?
Will this get a facny webpage?
Are this questions even still relevant?

I know there are models from the pack available for download in the downloads section. And there are a whole bunch of maps related to the pack, availiable as well. But it's missing that final part, where it all comes together into a full whole pack.

Fruity Snacks

Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums
aa
Sep 5, 2010
Will this ever become a complete downloadable pack?
Will this get a facny webpage?
Are this questions even still relevant?

I know there are models from the pack available for download in the downloads section. And there are a whole bunch of maps related to the pack, availiable as well. But it's missing that final part, where it all comes together into a full whole pack.

In its current state of development, probably not.
See above.
See above.

Apr 14, 2013
I saw above. I read the whole thread already. And if this is not being developed anymore, I think it would be better to release whet we already have.

WHAT WE CURRENTLY HAVE

MAPS

Stallone
Discovery
Perilous
Sundown
Stallone is in great shape, in beta, and close to be finished. As Bakscratch said:
Will be updating this more once the Pacific stuff is happening.
Discovery is in beta as well, could be finished quickly as well I assume. I never played it but I'm sure it's good, according to it's feedback.
I have no idea what's up with tethys. I remember playing it about a year ago, I suspect it's dead.
Yet, Aly promised:
Are you still working on this map? Cause it looks really really nice and I've been waiting for a fully textured version forever...
Yes, maybe. Maybe someone else is working on it. It's a long story. It certainly will be completed, one way or another.
Same with prilous?
We also got this. What is it I'm not so sure. Probably abandoned.
Last but not least, sundown. Once again, no idea about the current dev condition.

There are a few custom nearly-finished maps that can fit right in, yet they have nothing to do with the pack. But maybe they can still be added? (ex. koth_brazil by Ravage, pl_borneo by Heyo)

Models & textures

Ravidge's palm trees pack- released
Bakscratch's Stallone models and textures- unreleased, but finished
Egan's Discovery's models and textures- I have no idea.
Tethys's stuff- unreleased.
The jungle pack by Heyo- maybe this can get added too? it'd be awesome!
E-Arkham's models- IDK.
Dr element's weird flowers and stuff- released
Beetle's model flower & clay pots- released
Acumen's railings and fins- For some reason it popped up in the search and I think it would be a great addition to the pack- finished and released.
(If I forgot anything or anyone I'm sorry, Just post it and correct me)

EArkham

Necromancer
aa
Aug 14, 2009
Did I not release the umbrella table and lounge chairs? I was positive someone used them in that resort comp map.