TF2Maps.net Official Server Rotation

Jack Riguel

L10: Glamorous Member
Jul 19, 2009
I really don't like the sound of Lighthouse... we've had that map on our Arena server and it useally clears out whenever people go to it... to muddled of a map and people just get lost. Well made, but normal players (non-mappers I mean) seem to dislike it.

I really like the idea of arena_offblast though, also think about arena_backwash and arena_goldtooth. Both of those were pretty popular when we had our arena server, especially backwash.

Last edited:

Penguin

Clinically Diagnosed with Small Mapper's Syndrome
aa
May 21, 2009
Oh, also, I think every month, we should pick one map from all of that month's gamedays to add to the rotation. You know, the one people liked the most. We could run a poll.

Dr. Spud

Grossly Incandescent
aa
Mar 23, 2009
Oh, also, I think every month, we should pick one map from all of that month's gamedays to add to the rotation. You know, the one people liked the most. We could run a poll.

That would make sense if TF2 mappers collectively produced one really awesome, server-ready map each month. But that's not really how it works...

Penguin

Clinically Diagnosed with Small Mapper's Syndrome
aa
May 21, 2009
Oh, right, server ready.

Hmm...

Still, I feel we need a consistent way of recognsing good gameday maps. Prehaps monthly is too frequent....

BrokenTripod

L5: Dapper Member
May 11, 2009
BTW: I think everyone in the world would LOVE it if it was somehow possible to zip all the maps in the rotation (say, once every month? or every two months?) into a single file and make sure that link is obvious somehow on the server.

It's WAY helpful to download out of server, especially for the larger maps like Meridian. If I see that the download is going to take more than 5 minutes in server, I'm like to just get lazy, quit, and join a dustbowl server.

So, yeah, mappacks would be nice. Maybe link to it on the front page <3?

Also, I have no recommendations or hates of any maps so far on the list, because I haven't actually played most of them.

Nineaxis

Quack Doctor
aa
May 19, 2008
US Server has been updated. New name, rotation set up, annoying voting plugin disabled, new temporary motd.

I'll make a zip of the rotation maps for download soon.

Sgt.Sausage

L420: High Member
Dec 5, 2008
This is a little late so no need to hurry and at ir if at all but i think pl_halfacre should be in the rotation as well. Thanks nine il be playing, hope server becomes more active.

Ida

deer
aa
Jan 6, 2008
Hm, if we're running Hoodoo we might as well run Steel, right? I vote for that to get added.

I can't think of any other non-official customs at the moment, though.

Nineaxis

Quack Doctor
aa
May 19, 2008
blackboard_ingame.jpg

New MOTD!

Last edited:

Sgt.Sausage

Dec 5, 2008
What happens if an admin changed the map to something thats not on the rotation would that mess everything up or after would it go back to rotation. Just wondering like if someone wanted to test their map would this affect anything.

Icarus

aa
Sep 10, 2008
If it's not modded, changing the current map to anything except the next map on rotation will not affect the set "nextmap"

So, If it's on Hoodoo, next map Yukon, and someone changed it to Waste, Yukon will still be played after Waste ends.

BTW, 9xs that looks great

I'm also for putting up Steel on the server. The community maps are great as populators (especially Turbine)

Last edited:

Sgt.Sausage

Dec 5, 2008
Ok thanks icarus so it is possible to change to maps not in the rotation.

I am glad you are adding steal haven't played that map in awhile, but i really enjoy it.

Jack Riguel

L10: Glamorous Member
Jul 19, 2009
Now that I think of it (and look at the current list, nice setup by the way) not having arena maps in the regular rotation is probably a good idea, since most CP/TC/PL/CTF players differ from ARENA players. (i.e. considerably less patient). And it would be better to keep players on the server then to have 1/3 of the server sit out every other round.

Also, I vote for steel being added to the list. Out of all the official community maps it's probably the best made and most enjoyable... also from what I've seen most players who enjoy unofficial custom maps also enjoy steel over the other officials (turbine, fastlane...).

PenPen

L5: Dapper Member
Apr 24, 2008
I'm for Steel too (not that I'll get to play it regularly...).

Arena maps can be inserted into the rotation according to my experiences. In the normal mapcycle you put in an arena map, and then it'll switch to the arena config. To go back you can put say the first normal map in the arena mapcycle list, and it'll switch back.

But it's too much hassle and arena maps aren't the most popular around, so for the time being I won't recommend having any arena maps in the server yet.

drp

aa
Oct 25, 2007
i personally love turbine. its a great take on ctf that actually works (unlike 2fort)

Chaopsychochick

L4: Comfortable Member
Jun 16, 2009
One thing you might want to add to your blackboard is the time that the testing events are run. As it stands right now, it sounds like they are being run all day.