TF2Maps.net Mapping Contest #6: (A)Symmetry CP

tyler

aa
Sep 11, 2013
As far as "BLU must attack on A/D maps" -- what if they do, but RED can also attack, but it's not a 5CP or TC exactly? I don't want to get too specific (even though I've shared this idea before). But how strong is that rule? I don't think my entry would break it, but I also don't want to be disqualified.

Ravidge

Grand Vizier
aa
May 14, 2008
As far as "BLU must attack on A/D maps" -- what if they do, but RED can also attack, but it's not a 5CP or TC exactly? I don't want to get too specific (even though I've shared this idea before). But how strong is that rule? I don't think my entry would break it, but I also don't want to be disqualified.

PM me, and be as specific as you can.

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009

Let me guess: BLU is attacking, but RED can recapture points that have been taken?

tyler

aa
Sep 11, 2013
No, not really. I sent a PM, and I think it'll be okay, and then if I do it you'll all see the majesty of an idea that may not be fun.

Rasputin

L3: Member
Sep 20, 2008
cp_contest6_image.jpg

My concept...

I hope it's not too complex, because it probably is.

Edit: that path from 'D' to 'E' was supposed to be purple, by the way.

fubarFX

The "raw" in "nodraw"
aa
Jun 1, 2009
Those paths from R to a-b would have to be pretty long and provide too many flanks on blu's offencive to D and E.
I'd consider making a foward spawn for red on C so that the map plays like gravelpit until C is caped. then red spawns on E has shown here.

Ravidge

Grand Vizier
aa
May 14, 2008
I've updated the rules with these additions:

• No straight out copying or stealing content from other maps, official or otherwise. Inspiration and ideas are good, just make sure you built it yourself for this competition.
    Maps that have been started but has not yet been released could enter the competition after approval from me (Ravidge). - updated!​
    You can't recycle your previous maps into this competition. - updated!

I was hoping that I wouldn't need to clarify this, and that I could deal with it on a case by case basis when it popped up. but it's getting out of hand, too many are trying to sneak their months old snippets (/whole maps) of work into the competition.
I'm still allowing unreleased content that was made recently. But I can not give people permission to use parts of their old maps for this competition, it's not what this event is about.

edit: note that I haven't changed the rules, just clarified my intentions.

Last edited:

Jethro

MUSty Complainer
Nov 2, 2009
Basically isn't it all Valve-style CP maps except for medieval mode okay?

sniprpenguin

L6: Sharp Member
Mar 14, 2008
How 'bout A/D TC? Basically, instead of a fixed order for stages, the first X are random in order.