1. Hey there Guest,

The game servers have moved to semi-dedicated hardware and IPs have changed. Please see front page server widget for up-to-date game server information.

TF2 to TF3

Discussion in 'Team Fortress 2 Talk' started by Kill_the_Bug, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Kill_the_Bug

aa Kill_the_Bug

Positive Ratings:
    What do you guys think of TF2 - Planetside style?

4 teams - 250 players per team - multiple game play modes (CTF, team control points and payload) all happening at the same time. Same characters from TF2.

Would you be interested in playing such a game?

2. Faux Rhinoceros

aa Faux Rhinoceros Also known as Dr. Element

Positive Ratings:
    no

• Thanks Thanks x 23
  3. Little Dude

Little Dude L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    Everyone knows that valve can't count to three

• Thanks Thanks x 4
  4. Sel

Sel Banned

Positive Ratings:
    please don't degrade planetside by implementing the terrible decisions that have been made in tf2

• Thanks Thanks x 4
  5. GPuzzle

GPuzzle L9: Fashionable Member

Positive Ratings:
    Gabe Newell for president: we guarantee that there won't be World War III.

• Thanks Thanks x 14
  6. Kill_the_Bug

aa Kill_the_Bug

Positive Ratings:
    The world would be huge in depth and you can set it up like planetside and have cities/etc for battlegrounds - game play could be specifc for each facilty (payload here/control points there, etc) and amount of players that could be in a single location could be set at a cap.

How your team does effects the overall control of the world (4 zones) - if you had a central city in each of the zones (red, yellow, green, blue) that one city would be a constant territory control zone (points awarded for control based on time) Strong engineer teams would be the key to holding a point and player movement - spies would concentrate more on the teleporters than the guns.

However - I'd love the idea of a heavy in a car being chased by a pyro in another car through a central battlezone - ROFL

How would you guys like or what would you like to see TF3 as a game?

7. Faux Rhinoceros

aa Faux Rhinoceros Also known as Dr. Element

Positive Ratings:
    A huge world with player characters designed primarily for combat in extremely close quarters.

Nah

You're about to design a whole new game. Nothing wrong with that, but it shouldn't be named anything like TF3

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. LeSwordfish

aa LeSwordfish semi-trained quasi-professional

Positive Ratings:
    And from the sound of things, this new game is just Planetside.

• Thanks Thanks x 3
  9. Dr. Spud

aa Dr. Spud Grossly Incandescent

Positive Ratings:
    As dumb as TF2 has gotten, I actually think it's more fun than Planetside 2.

• Thanks Thanks x 3
  10. Kill_the_Bug

aa Kill_the_Bug

Positive Ratings:
    Hmmm - you could do a large TC map in a city setting - are TC maps single cp's only or can you have more than 1 to capture a point and then rotate to cps around the map as needed per pround?

11. Prestige

aa Prestige im not gay anymore

Positive Ratings:
    i would rather play tf2 than this proposed tf3

12. omegasupreme

omegasupreme L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Sounds like a sniper spamfest

13. Yacan1

aa Yacan1 D I G I T A L I N F L U E N C E R

Positive Ratings:
    I'd be afraid that a TF3 would be just like a call of duty move where nothing is really different. They'd have to re-invent it like how it was from TFC to TF2, entirely different art direction, concept, gameplay, story, architecture, layouts, weapons, etc. And Engine for that matter.

14. Fish 2.0

Fish 2.0 L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    If anything I would like tf3 to just be pretty much a new polished version of tf2, however theere are problems;

1) tf2 is fine and can't be polished no more
    2) that makes tf3 redundant

basically meaning reinvent the TF world again (impossible) or release it as F2P (which they have already done) to grant it a new lease of life

15. Pocket

aa Pocket func_croc

Positive Ratings:
    TF2 has changed so much since its release that any change they could make would necessarily make it either more like it originally was in some respects (which they obviously don't want to do or they wouldn't have changed it as much as they have), or take the changes even further (and if they wanted to do that, they'd just do it to TF2).

I'd like to see a game where unlockable items are a core part of gameplay, but instead of replacing the entire weapon with one that has random differences, you get to pick a series of sidegrades that can be combined with each other. So like the perks in games with RPG elements only they all have downsides as well. Then again, BioShock would be a better setting for something like that, and the good-BioShock-multiplayer-game ship has already sailed.

16. breki2002

breki2002 L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    matay

:O

17. breki2002

breki2002 L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    tf2

:mellow::O

18. owly-oop

aa owly-oop im birb

Positive Ratings:
    tf3 will be a moba

• Thanks Thanks x 3
  19. TheBestUsername

TheBestUsername L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    Why? Why would Valve make TF3? TF2 Is still going strong, people still play it all the time. Heck, Valve just released Mann VS. Machine. Outdated graphics are not an issue because of the art style. A TF3 would make people stop wanting to play TF2, and all of your items you've bought would no longer serve a purpose. All of the custom maps we've been working so hard to make would be obsolete. Valve would probably lose a boatload of money on TF3. In short, there is absolutely no reason to make Team Fortress 3. It would be not only pointless but downright stupid.

Plus GabeN can't count to three. ;)