TF2 crashes when joining Blu team

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by TheStrplum213, Aug 23, 2018.

1. TheStrplum213

TheStrplum213 L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Hello,
    I just started mapping and followed UEAKCrash's tutorials. I started the KOTH/Arena episode. I followed very carefully, so I don't make mistakes. When I finished the tutorial, everything worked, except for the fact that my game crashes when I (or a bot) tries to join BLU team. I went into the console, looked for errors, nothing. I also tried to find compiler errors, still nothing. I double checked everything on the map, yet I still couldn't find the problem. So I thought the would be the appropriate place to ask for help.
    I have included a .zip file with everything relating to the map. I am still new to this, so cut me some slack :p
    Thank you,
    TheStrplum213

Attached Files:

2. Destskelen

Destskelen L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    I checked your map and it works. No mistakes.
    upload_2018-8-23_16-51-25.png upload_2018-8-23_16-51-41.png upload_2018-8-23_16-52-26.png
    So I can not help. Maybe you will be helped by more experienced masters

3. Da Spud Lord

aa Da Spud Lord Occasionally I make maps

Positive Ratings:
    If Dest can join Blu on your map, then that points to a problem with your client rather than the map itself. Try loading up a Valve map. Do you have trouble joining either team?

4. Flareblood

Flareblood L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    I took a look at the map's files in the ZIP folder.

You have at least one leak in the map. You set the ceiling in BLU spawn to be func_detail, which does not block out the world. I've never seen a leak make joining a team crash, but I imagine it's a very likely cause, especially since I can't see anything else wrong with the map.

Try removing the ceiling in BLU spawn and adding it back without making it func_detail.

5. TheStrplum213

TheStrplum213 L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Alright, thanks for your guys' help, I'll try testing my game for crashes, and re-add the ceiling in BLU spawn

6. nesman

aa nesman master of fast travel

Positive Ratings:
    try verifying the game files, you may have a corrupted file