Team Fortress 2 Update Released

Lain

lobotomy success story
aa
Jan 8, 2015
Holy shit the entitlement coming from most of the TF2 community about this update.. they act like everything is behind a paywall.
The first 3 comments about the update i have heard are "fucking valve being moneygrubbers again"
"I am not happy that we are having to pay for each of these updates" and "wow this is so shit, where are all the new weapons?"

I seem to forget that the main people who play this game are children. Entitled, Whiny, Idiot children.

Dec 28, 2014
2Fort Invasion certainly looks nice (aside from the fact the spawn rooms haven't been changed) but it still has the problem of being 2Fort.

Fruity Snacks

Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums
aa
Sep 5, 2010
Congrats to the map makers who got their maps included in the update.

So did Valve buy these maps like old community maps or are they giving community map makers part of the campaign pass sales kinda like Gun Mettle?

They are getting a share of the Pass/Key sales and stamps. (This is where some of the frustrations/leaks that you've heard about are coming from, it's how *much* they're getting).

Vel0city

func_fish
aa
Dec 6, 2014
Holy shit the entitlement coming from most of the TF2 community about this update.. they act like everything is behind a paywall.
The first 3 comments about the update i have heard are "fucking valve being moneygrubbers again"
"I am not happy that we are having to pay for each of these updates" and "wow this is so shit, where are all the new weapons?"

I seem to forget that the main people who play this game are children. Entitled, Whiny, Idiot children.
On one hand you're right. On the other hand, the only thing you get from this update if you don't pay is the maps. Even the reskinned weapons are in a crate which you can only get by paying for an Invasion pass AND buying a key. That has been different.

But hey, at least the game is crashing all the time, so I won't complain about money.

Last edited:

Izotope

Sourcerer
aa
May 13, 2013
Is there any chance the invasion assets will be released at all? That portal in 2fort_invasion really turns me on :jimijam:

worMatty

Repacking Evangelist
aa
Jul 22, 2014
The map assets were made by community members but it doesn't automatically mean they are free to use.

DrLambda

L69: Teeheehee, Member
aa
Feb 18, 2015
Congrats to everyone who created content for this update.

I wasn't able to play much today because my home internet is still broken and i can only play in the break at work, but i can say that i enjoy most of the maps. I can't say anything about 2fort_invasion because my game crashed to desktop whenever the server switched to it, but i guess that will be fixed soon.

I have to compliment Egan and the other creators of Watergate though. The map improved SO MUCH since i last played it during an imp. It still has a bit of a sentry problem (even if the scoring system discourages it) but it really was a blast to play for the short time i was able to.

tyler

aa
Sep 11, 2013
Yeah, I like all the maps (even the new 2fort which is just a pretty, unoptimized picture) but Watergate and Byre excite me the most for getting in game. It means Valve is open to new game modes and twists on old ones. Hope that's encouraging for all the contest mappers...!

Jethro

MUSty Complainer
Nov 2, 2009
And should help stymie some of the old complaints of "don't bother with a gimmicky gamemode nobody'll like it/it has no chance of getting in" that some people would get when someone tried a new gamemode.