tc_spectre

Noggin

L5: Dapper Member
Nov 17, 2007
Haha no, my overlays on angled walls are flipped and I cant figure out how to fix them

Its not a priority as players can tilt their heads instead :)

Gadget

aa
Mar 10, 2008
Haha no, my overlays on angled walls are flipped and I cant figure out how to fix them

Its not a priority as players can tilt their heads instead :)

hit CTRL+M and scale the overlay in one or two of the axis by -1 that should fix it, I guess. Could rotate it by 180 degrees, too.

you might want to "Check for problems..." first in hammer and fix all the angle errors.

Noggin

Nov 17, 2007
No joy with the overlay flipping :(

As soon as I try any transformation it disapears.

Noggin

Nov 17, 2007
Beta 1 Released

Fixed and now with EXTRAS! Ooooh

Before I do a full 'public' release to FPSBanana etc., Im looking to have a few players/servers test this out.

Its taken more time to debug this map than create it! TC maps are a pain in the ass until u figure out their system (and then bend it to make it work for you!).

Things left to do:

- Zone/route balancing
- Area portals
- Add more signs
- Fix some Skybox issues (not looking fwd to that)
- Get some sleep :)

Beta 1 - 10MB zip file: http://s90652007.onlinehome.us/tf2/tc_spectre_b1.7z

Feedback etc welcome.

Latest YouTube Vid: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yggBiS2J6zE&fmt=18"]YouTube - Team Fortress 2 - tc_spectre[/ame]

Last edited:

PMAvers

L6: Sharp Member
Jan 29, 2008
Hey, just saw the public build up on FPSB.

There's something I noticed, though. I started it up, and on the first match-up, I played Red and captured B. (The waterfront one.) The new round starts, and I'm spawning in that point's spawn rooms, and you can't leave it. There's something invisible blocking the doors keeping you in.

(Also, there's a B texture on the wall at the B point that's upside down.)

Also, I'm guessing you havn't gotten the "TC Progress Map" complete, since when it shows up it doesn't actually show the status of the different points, the map's just blank. (The layout and the screenshots of the different points are there, though...)

The final point "holdout" looks like it's going to be pretty brutal.

Noggin

Nov 17, 2007
Dammit I thought I had gotten rid of that bug, its quite the showstopper :(

I have ZERO idea why it does that, Ive checked the entities about 100 times.
I emailed Shmitz to see if he has had the same problem with tc_meridian.

I cant seem to get the overlays on angled brushes to rotate or anything without just disapearing of their face.

And I think theres some arrows missing from the bsp file which is dumb cos theyre the same as Hydros so theoritically should be there...

Thanks for letting me know tho (ugh!)

Last edited:

Noggin

Nov 17, 2007
UPDATE: TC_Spectre - Version: b2b (2008-07-28)

Download 10MB Zip - http://s90652007.onlinehome.us/tf2/tc_spectre_b2b.7z
Screenies and Video fly thru - http://tf2maps.notlong.com

The invisible door problem is fixed - playtesting my prove me wrong!

* Fixed spawn door problem (hopefully)
* Fixed the round indicators
* More map optimisations
* Changed the Red/Blue start locations
* Added some more obstructions at B (dock area)

Feedback welcome as always!

Noggin

Laz

L420: High Member
Jul 5, 2008
very nice work. although most of your hallways look a bit bland. try adding in some overlay posters, stains ... mix it up a bit, add some props in there, get some great lighting in there, this map looks like it deserves it extra attention

Noggin

Nov 17, 2007
I will add more detail as time goes by, right now its all about playtesting and seeing how the routes affect the game.

Uriak

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Apr 27, 2008
Playtesting didn't go too well, at least for the first tests. (tc_spectre is currently on our server cycle)

Generally speaking, people are always afraid of novelty, and tc is not a well know genre. Besides, we found the setup quite nice and refreshing with this greenish hills and water.

Gameplay issues were : some misfunction with zoning and people finding themselves romaing into forbideen zones. The nasty invisible wall (maybe it's fixed now). In my opinion, there are too many long corridors, and worse, the corridor going up do blu base, were nasty to attack. The CP standing on a platform is a bit too opened. By the way, first trys to jumps into the water resulted in some players unable to quicky find a way out (we've been discovering the map) and the other team capping the point under our helpless eyes :laugh:

I'll ask people on our forum what they feeling are, after some days of playtesting.

Noggin

Nov 17, 2007
Thanks for the feedback...

Uriak, first of all I squished a few bugs since the initial release and now up to beta 2b which seems to be better in the playtesting ive seen so far. If you can try that and let me know what u think.

Uriak

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Apr 27, 2008
I didn't get many aswers, but Flubber promised to give his input here when he could. I still have to try the new release, our server cycles are quite long :)

Noggin

Nov 17, 2007
Oh thats awesome, thanks! Very useful.

Is it possible to generate a heatmap for each round? Im guessing that is a complete game.

At some point, I will probably add another route to A from B/D.

Do you have SourceTV enabled? That way it would be possible to record a game and view from any persons perspective.
Regular Spectating only records what you see.

Ping immunity would be handy too tho :)

Heres a full map overview:

tc_spectre_overview.jpg