Synthetic

KotH Synthetic rc6a

• This map is featured! Our best maps, all together in one place for your viewing pleasure.

Mess About

L7: Fancy Member
Jan 16, 2017
hey, I'm just messing around on your map, and made this Soldier rollout (don't know if it's already exist)

Shit seem like i got the old version of the map, still can go the same route though, except the mid ramp is much harder to surf, you'll have to go right to ludicrous speed

Last edited:

MegapiemanPHD

Doctorate in Deliciousness
aa
Mar 31, 2012
hey, I'm just messing around on your map, and made this Soldier rollout (don't know if it's already exist)

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yya1OMvKLMw

Shit seem like i got the old version of the map, still can go the same route though, except the mid ramp is much harder to surf, you'll have to go right to ludicrous speed
That's pretty cool. I got a new version coming out soon that may change this a bit. This map was made with comp in mind and since comp focuses on soldier and demo I tried to give both classes some fun roll outs.

MegapiemanPHD

aa
Mar 31, 2012
-pushed back angled stairs by second transitional building
-opened up walls inside 2nd transitional building to make it feel less cluttered and awkward
-changed 1 way windows at 2nd transitional building to see through glass so people can see the med health and ammo in that building from the point area
-changed stairs on the right side of 1st transitional building coming from spawn
-simplified 1st transitional building in hopes of making it feel less cluttered
-simplified left exit of 1st transitional building from spawn to make it less cluttered
-some in depth detailing of spawn areas and 1st transitional building
-removed sign on second transitional building since the sightline it was blocking no longer exists
-

Read the rest of this update entry...

G.bo

L4: Comfortable Member
Sep 24, 2017
My opinion on the subject of the Asymmetric Details is yes. So far, what you've done with details looks great, and I have no doubts in my mind that you wouldn't intentionally do something stupid detail wise to make it completely broken for one side. Keep doin' what you're doin', and I'll keep chewin' what I'm chewin'.

...Mmmm...tastes kinda yummy...

Beater

L1: Registered
Nov 25, 2017
Congratulation, your map has been chosen as one out of three maps which will have the chance of winning the 130€ first prize in the Meet Your Map map making contest. See the main competition thread for the official announcement and make sure to ask about anything you might feel unsure about.

Congratulations once again!

MegapiemanPHD

aa
Mar 31, 2012
Congratulation, your map has been chosen as one out of three maps which will have the chance of winning the 130€ first prize in the Meet Your Map map making contest. See the main competition thread for the official announcement and make sure to ask about anything you might feel unsure about.

Congratulations once again!
Sweet! I'll see if I can get another version out before the final final deadline.

Moonrat

nothing left
aa
Jul 30, 2014
Not of fan of the detailing for this map so far, mainly the lighting.

Your environmental lighting is very very bland right now. The shadows and sunlight are both boring, and they even are washing out the colors on the map, making everything look really drab for whats supposed to be a very sunny day. Your interior lighting in Spawn is also pretty bleh. It's very dark and rather boring as well. Try brightening the light value and increase the light's radius so it lights more of the room. Also try coloring the lights bit, give the interior lights a soft blue glow and the sunlight a nice orange-yellow tinge to it. Even a bit of color goes a long way in changing the mood of the map.

Mess About

Jan 16, 2017
i got the same problem with the health & ammo packs on my map, there're 2 small + 2 medium for each side and somehow the players still can't find them
don't know why, it's not like i hide them packs in a secret room or something

Last edited:

MegapiemanPHD

aa
Mar 31, 2012
i got the same problem with the health & ammo packs on my map, there're 2 small + 2 medium for each side and somehow the players still can find them
don't know why, it's not like i hide them packs in a secret room or something
Some of it has to do with map familiarity while another part of it is flow. Trying to figure out where players group up at as well as where they look while standing in specific positions, like a point, is the thing to figure out. It's hard to guess and really needs testing to get correct for any map.

MegapiemanPHD

aa
Mar 31, 2012
-detailing
-more detailing
-did I mention detailing
-optimization
-lighting pass
-added arrow billboards to upper areas by point to block a nasty sightline from the window up there to 1st transitional building
-changed stair setup for stairs to lower area in buildings next to point so they are less steep
-added soundscapes
-still haven't done a 3D skybox
-other stuff I don't remember

Asd417

Sample Text
aa
Mar 20, 2016
I think you managed to capture the cartoonic style very well, by mainly maintaining same texture on a large surface without necessarily making it look boring. The lighting is much better than your previous versoon. Detailwise it almost feels like one of those old maps, before frontline pack, before most of today’s custom contents. Good work

Mess About

Jan 16, 2017
new version, new rollout, this time from the left spawndoor
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AdKQp_t37g

and some feedbacks
There're many static props with no vphysics, you should check around, they could affect the gameplay, like this one
Cpw3KCk.jpg

These lights are solid
kXTkFgR.jpg

I think you should add bulletblock in these areas
9EC63Kb.jpg

JsW2W1T.jpg

Not so good with detailing, but the window and the roof look kinda odd, move it a bit to the right maybe?
H2skad6.jpg

The white lighting in the Red spawn make it looks weird, maybe that's just me
dVCAUhW.jpg

[\spoiler]

Last edited:

MegapiemanPHD

aa
Mar 31, 2012

MegapiemanPHD

aa
Mar 31, 2012
-fixed unsolid props that should be solid
-changed lighting in red spawn to be more yellow-orangy instead of white
-change some other lighting as well
-added bullet blocks to wooden struts under 2nd transitional building
-did the same for the rounded area coming out of the left side of red's 1st transitional buildings while also adding some wire. This should make it the same as blu side now
-moved window on blu's 1st transitional building's upper left side to be farther away from the angled roof there
-removed collisions on light props in buildings by point

MegapiemanPHD

aa
Mar 31, 2012
-detailing
-big thanks to Huddy for the custom silo prop
-added 3D Skybox
-fixed asymmetrical detailing that effected the layout
-got the map all nice n ready for the meet your map copetition
-split spawn room floor so now there are stairs up and stairs down. This is done in hopes of making both spawn exits look just as useful and making players use both instead of favoring one over the other.
-attempts to optimize the map