Steam 2010 - Hammer bug?

Psy

The Imp Queen
aa
Apr 9, 2008
What the fuck? Eurgh. Can't they go one year without screwing up Hammer?! I guess this means I should get on with some modelling then...

Jakkarra

L4: Comfortable Member
Aug 26, 2009
it's still pretty annoying for those of us with Alphas to wheel out.

Mr Egg

L1: Registered
Apr 29, 2010
Pretty annoying indeed, I registered to this forum to ask for help about it but found this before. I guess it's a hello then =)

lana

Currently On: ?????
aa
Sep 28, 2009
We'll sort out an extension if the bug persists more than a day or so.

Okay, well they have today, which probably won't see anything considering they just started on it, tomorrow, which will be for testing it, and then most likely out on Monday.

Nov 14, 2009
Holy shit! A weekend without mapping? That is a sad thing :(

I guess I'l have to get started with making some videos of maps :)

Jakkarra

L4: Comfortable Member
Aug 26, 2009
I'm still trying to fathom what caused this, it's an odd occurence, that's for sure.

Tehrasha

L3: Member
Nov 5, 2009
Its not just hammer. There are several reports of files missing from the /tf/ directories.
I lost my custom scoreboard layout and the Spy's Fancy Dress Mod. Yet all of my custom sounds remain. WTF?

You might want to look around and make sure all the custom models and materials that you have are still there.... Why on Earth would Valve even venture into the /tf/ directories?

Vincent

&#128296 Grandmaster Lizard Wizard Jedi &#128296
aa
Sep 5, 2009
Its not just hammer. There are several reports of files missing from the /tf/ directories.
I lost my custom scoreboard layout and the Spy's Fancy Dress Mod. Yet all of my custom sounds remain. WTF?

You might want to look around and make sure all the custom models and materials that you have are still there.... Why on Earth would Valve even venture into the /tf/ directories?

Yea I was wondering about that, my female scout mod was missing. I thought Valves new update had broken it, I was pissed to say the least.

Mr. Wimples

L6: Sharp Member
Jan 27, 2010
Well, I guess it'll give me some time to whip up some textures I've been meaning to do. I just hope the fix is soon, I'm supposed to have a portion of a map ready for testing by next weekend. -_-'

Porkchop

L1: Registered
Apr 6, 2009
What is this new "Manifest" thing. I dont remember it from before...

From Rickmus (Valve employee) on Steam Forums:
Manifest you can equate in similar regards to photoshop layers. They basically do instancing behind the scene, but allow you to create logical layers to place and organize however you choose. You could have a layer with just sound entities, or with one corner of a map, etc. It also allows you to easily slip up a map into chunks so that multiple people could work on sections at the same time. They are also tied into perforce, though I'm not sure if that made it out to the public release.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=14695739&postcount=49