Steam 2010 - Hammer bug?

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
Well as Porkchop quoted it has different functionality. Visgroups would just be an inferior version i guess, like decals to overlays. But it's obviously a little more complicated than that. Also, as Rickmus stated, some functionality hasn't reached the public version of Hammer.

I guess we'll find out in due time.

Psy

The Imp Queen
aa
Apr 9, 2008
AFAIK, instancing is exactly the same as it is in the L4D2 SDK.

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
Could you explain that a bit closer? Not everyone here mapped for l4d2 (at least i didnt)

you can tell it to instance another vmf inside the one you're working on. its very useful for level transitions, in the new map you can instance the old one, then get the transition perfect, then turn off the instance :)

Nov 14, 2009
im finding it very frustrating that now while in :faceedittool: and you selected a face, you cant use the arrows to turn your camera, instead it moves the UV's on that face.

Oh my god, that makes texturing about 10X harder now!

Is there any other ways to rotate? on keyboard?

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
Werent lump files to add stuff to fnished bsp files?

I think they used a lump file to add that robot voice + drag to the portal ending.

Yes, that was my point. you make the initial bsp as one mode then use a lump file to turn it into the other modes. I don't know if they still use that but thats what happened when survival mode was originally released.

Apr 19, 2009
Oh my god, that makes texturing about 10X harder now!

Is there any other ways to rotate? on keyboard?
Yeah it blows, I am going to try and get valve to make it an option between the 2 but I don't think it will happen any time soon.

Anyway the only workaround I have found is to click outside the 3D preview and the you can use the arrow keys again. But its still a pain in the ass.

Freyja

aa
Jul 31, 2009
Mouse look as Hideous said makes mapping 9001x faster anyway. I don't know how anyone can use the arrow keys, its so...limited.

Geal

L4: Comfortable Member
Aug 16, 2009
2a9wf4i.png

So how 'bout that new displacement menu, eh?