Stark

CP Stark b2

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
I took a look around. These are my thoughts.

Your central CP which should be kinda epic, seems a little cramped. Probably due to the Bridge trusses that occupy a significant space in this area. That said, here are some suggestions for your consideration.

consideration1.jpg

Some steps and move the health pack to the ledge. It will get more traffic over the whole area of your central area this way, combined with another health pack movement in a later screenshot, will promote and provide strong flanking tactics.

consideration2.jpg

Said screenshot. A piece of cover may give for a more dynamic scene at that protruding corner, such as a barrel. Giving a little more cover on the health pack's new position.

consideration3.jpg

This room looks like it's giving you some problems. That slope is damn steep. Is it 1:1? What i recommend is a ledge to drop down from (that cannot be reached again without rocket/sticky/FaN jumping), into a room with a medium ammo pack on the bottom floor. You might also consider a health pack on the top ledge, but as it is, there is plenty of health around this central control point.

consideration4.jpg

This building seemed a bit.. like it needed some love. This is how i would approach it.

consideration6.jpg

Pan.

consideration5.jpg

Other side.

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
Thanks grazr the flow around that particular building isn't right still. centre has been expanded by 128 units.

The stairs you say are too steep are actually 2:3 which is valve's standard for stairs so I'm not sure why they feel too steep, might just be an illusion.

Just a little bit of detail infusion:
cp_stark003.JPG

No new version for a while though, moving out/in chaos for the next week, eep.

Westerhound

L5: Dapper Member
Feb 5, 2009
Fancy snow with purple sparks :eek: Looks nice tho.

I took a look around. These are my thoughts.

Your central CP which should be kinda epic, seems a little cramped. Probably due to the Bridge trusses that occupy a significant space in this area. That said, here are some suggestions for your consideration.

consideration1.jpg

Some steps and move the health pack to the ledge. It will get more traffic over the whole area of your central area this way, combined with another health pack movement in a later screenshot, will promote and provide strong flanking tactics.

Prolly displace the ledge so you can walk up, even just a 128 unit wide part. Or the just make some planks lying there leading up there or something. Stairs might look bit odd in that place tho

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
Update time!

I honestly cant remember if i changed any cap times or spawn times, i think i may have but its been so long and i didnt write the changes down if i made any...

But anyhow, I've added the snowman finally and removed the checkerboard snow :)

Download cp_stark_a9

Tinker

aa
Oct 30, 2008
This was suddenly on a server I played a lot on, general consensus (this coming from a server with quite a few people playing competitive):

- Second point need to be capped faster
- Second point is really close to mid
- Awesome in general!

tarmo-

L3: Member
Dec 10, 2008
1. Second point need to be capped faster
2. Second point is really close to mid
3. Awesome in general!

1. partially agree
2. disagree
3. agree