Stark

CP Stark b2

Westerhound

L5: Dapper Member
Feb 5, 2009
Sorry if the text is a bit confusing, wrote it and scrapped it 2 times, and now I just wanna get over it quickly :I

After a few playtimes I've noticed the game almost always takes most time fighting CP2-CP3, without CP3 changing owners too often. The problem might partly be that the people at CP2 always have 2-3 engineers, making it hard to penetrate the defense, where as CP3 people maybe just have one, and still can keep the CP just fine.

At CP2 there is a decent amount of metal around, combined with the leading team rushing in mostly from below 'cause due to it being the shortest route, getting killed, and giving even more metal to the engineers. Once the leading team figures out to use the upper path, and maybe even uber, the other team gets wiped out and falls back to CP1. In other words, just like Fastlane, its easy to set up at CP2, but it fails, making it really annoying.

CP3 is a bit weird. The CP itself is below the main way for the enemy, due to them spawning at the path that leads up to the bridge. The capturers need to face probably 2 or 3 waves at least, which of most come from above, plus the additional people coming back from behind to secure the CP. The people at CP3 don't even need an engineer to build up there due to the big adventage they have.

To the attackers of CP3, there is a choice. They can either go straight to the top, and then have to jump down and lose their only adventage. Or they can go through the lower ways, having a major height disadventage during the entire walk from the bottom to the top of the hill (where they, as previously ranted, still have a height adventage). The last option is turning right before walking outside from the house, and then ending up at a passage to the enemy bridge. Sadly most people dont realise this and due to this the entire map stalls at CP2

Conclusion, less metal at CP2. Change the forward spawn to not lead instantly to the highest route at CP3, or put the CP itself higher up, giving the capturers less disadventage to most of the enemies. Or make it more obvious that there is a way to get to the enemy bridge

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
I might finish up _a11 (skipped _a10 :p) with a heavily modified bridge construction, as shown here -

cp_stark004.JPG

Just to see how it works out without the massive supports.

The Gentlemanne

L4: Comfortable Member
Jun 18, 2009
I might finish up _a11 (skipped _a10 :p) with a heavily modified bridge construction, as shown here -

cp_stark004.JPG

Just to see how it works out without the massive supports.

*sparkle*

:p

tehn

L2: Junior Member
Oct 16, 2009
I just played this, and i have nothing bad to say about it. Though I had only played medic through almost the entire thing it was real nice treat. A lot of passages and cover which helped me within dodging spam. Although I was playing in the middle of three demos :D. Pushing got hard only because sentries had heavily guarded the last point. Since I play competitively hopefully this map gets tossed in so I can see how 6v6 goes.

gl
tehn

Rexy

The Kwisatz Haderach
aa
Dec 22, 2008
We played this (a11) last night with about 8 players--worked out just like I remember it from other alphas. As far as respawn times go it seems about right from point to point. You should go to the next step as far as I am concerned.

kankle_king

L4: Comfortable Member
Jan 31, 2009
http://tf2f.sishgupta.com/tf/demos/auto-20100107-2230-cp_stark_a11.dem

The maps feels really good, the mid point is the highlight imo. The 2 bridges and lower path really offer a fresh feel to the standard mid fight.

The 2/4 CP areas feel a little small, seems like the defending team just spams the exits, forcing the attackers the hit uber early. I could be wrong about this, something to think about at least.

Overall the map is solid, even with dev textures its one of the more popular custom CP's. We look forward to the next version :D

Last edited:

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
Bypassing _a12, hitting _a13 which contains some significant new stuff around mid, hopefully changing how the loopy flow there works.

Continued detailing too, this is probably the last time I'm going to put out an alpha before it's fully detailed.

Psy

The Imp Queen
aa
Apr 9, 2008
The flow around mid is now even weirder then it was. Having to traverse all the way back to the 2nd CP area to gain access to the bridge is going to be a real annoyance.

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
arg what an oversight. :facepalm:

There is just so little space to work with there.