Spawnroom & Intel Room Detailing Mini-Contest - Q1 2016

Jul 6, 2015
Another question, if you have custom content made by a third party but its made publicly avalible by the person who made it could you use it?
As in someone makes a chair for someone elses project for this contest, and as soon as they make the chair they put it in the downloads.

Hyperion

L16: Grid Member
aa
Jun 8, 2015
Another question, if you have custom content made by a third party but its made publicly avalible by the person who made it could you use it?
As in someone makes a chair for someone elses project for this contest, and as soon as they make the chair they put it in the downloads.
Custom content is allowed...
...available for public download...

That's from top post

zahndah

professional letter
aa
Jul 4, 2015
It seems like instead of reading the details you think I didnt read the details.
Custom content cant be made for someone else during the contest. You youself seemed to have thought hyperion hasnt read the details without reading them yourself.

As long as it is available before the contest starts its fine to use.

Jul 6, 2015
Custom content cant be made for someone else during the contest. You youself seemed to have thought hyperion hasnt read the details without reading them yourself.

I quoted it because I was asking about it, thanks for the lack of understanding.

nickybakes

You should've played Rumbleverse
aa
Jul 28, 2015
I'm a little confused about the size stuff. You can make either a spawn room or an intel room, and if you make 1 of them, then the size is 2048x2048? And if you make both rooms in one map, then it is 4096x4096? And as another question, are we limited to just making a spawn/intel room? Like can it branch into another room that just adds to the immersion?

nickybakes

aa
Jul 28, 2015
Does anyone know who in going to be judging this? Will Crash be judging like he did last detail contest. If he is, I hope he makes a video of his judging because I like seeing what the judges think of mine and the other entries.

zahndah

professional letter
aa
Jul 4, 2015
Because instead of helping me answer the question, I was represented with the information I was asking about.
No, I told you the information. I was a tad rude about it and im sorry for that.

since custom content cant be made for someone else during the contest, and you can use ANY publicly available content released before the contest start- your question is invalidated (as custom content cant be made for someone so there is none to use).

Hotel Detective

L4: Comfortable Member
Dec 10, 2014
Because instead of helping me answer the question, I was represented with the information I was asking about.
Edit:
Like asking why is this banana blue? And then someone telling you its blue.
Wait I'm confused. With that example, are you asking why it's a rule at all? Because the equivalent to that is "Why is this a rule?" "Because that's the rules"

They answered your question as well as they could have. Custom Content from other people is allowed, as long as it's publicly available to everyone before the contest started. If you want to use private custom content, you have to make it yourself. That's what the front page states.

No, I told you the information. I was a tad rude about it and im sorry for that.
You weren't being rude at all.

Oatmeal

L2: Junior Member
May 17, 2014
I'm a little confused about the size stuff. You can make either a spawn room or an intel room, and if you make 1 of them, then the size is 2048x2048? And if you make both rooms in one map, then it is 4096x4096? And as another question, are we limited to just making a spawn/intel room? Like can it branch into another room that just adds to the immersion?

Apparently you can add whatever structure or rooms you want to your spawn/intel room as long as all of it fits into 2048x2048 in the end. That plus a 3d skybox.

As I understand it, if you put intel and spawn room into the same file, then they are still 2048x2048 each. So you can't use the extra space of the intel room to make the spawn room bigger or vice versa.

If you put intel and spawn into the same file, then they must be connected. Imagine the red side of 2fort minus the middle area and the blue side.

Have I understood this correctly?

nickybakes

aa
Jul 28, 2015
all of it fits into 2048x2048 in the end. That plus a 3d skybox.

I thought the skybox had to fit inside the 2048x2048 area:

Does the 3d skybox also have to be inside the 2048x2048 space?
Yes, the skybox must fit within the limits, however remember that there is no limit to height so you can put it above or below the map safely.

Oatmeal

L2: Junior Member
May 17, 2014
I thought the skybox had to fit inside the 2048x2048 area:

Yeah, I meant 2048x2048 plus the area that is created by the 3d skybox. You can just put the little 3D camera room under or above your normal map so that doesn't really matter for your available space.

norfolk

aa
Jan 18, 2014
Is making multiple spawns stacked on top of each other legal?

(Maybe with a portal area between them)

Freyja

aa
Jul 31, 2009
Does anyone know who in going to be judging this? Will Crash be judging like he did last detail contest. If he is, I hope he makes a video of his judging because I like seeing what the judges think of mine and the other entries.

It will be a public vote. Like last detail contest. Crash didn't judge the last one.

nickybakes

aa
Jul 28, 2015
Crash didn't judge the last one.
Oh my bad. I think his video was more of just telling his opinion and which ones he will be voting for.

You can just put the little 3D camera room under or above your normal map so that doesn't really matter for your available space.
I see what you mean.

nickybakes

aa
Jul 28, 2015
Quick question, I'm using the stormfront snow particles, but they are huge. If I put the particle entity too close to my building, then the snow and mist shows on the inside. In order for me to have it not clip through the walls, I need to put the entity a couple units outside the 2048x2048 area. I see what you all said about props sticking out, but this is not adding detail outside the size limit, it is purely just trying to adjust how it looks inside the area. Is this allowed?