Solidity for MVM carrier?

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by ProselyteCanti, Feb 24, 2015.

1. ProselyteCanti

ProselyteCanti L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    Is there a way to make the inside of the MVM robot carrier solid? I tried making it a prop_dynamic with VPhysics as the collision, but I still fall through it.

2. BigBros

BigBros L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    I tried to do this for the detail mini contest. I actually wanted to make a fully explorable ship, but it ended up that the ship had no collisions packed with it. The best I could do was make brushwork and nodraw it... Sorry.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. henke37

aa henke37

Positive Ratings:
    Yeah, the prop just doesn't have a collision mesh. It's simply not meant to be interacted with. And I don't think it has enough detail to be suitable for a close view anyway, especially not the interiors.

4. ProselyteCanti

ProselyteCanti L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    Ended up using playerclipping for the interior. So thanks for that.

Only problem being that I still fall through upon spawning, yet I can still walk on the playerclips. I know I have it all positioned correctly, or at least I should.

5. Muddy

Server Staff Muddy Muddy

Positive Ratings:
    I'd recommend you use the Invisible tool texture instead, since things like bullets and projectiles and ragdolls will fall through playerclips.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. iiboharz

aa iiboharz Meme Queen

Positive Ratings:
    Or blockbullets.

7. UKCS-Alias

aa UKCS-Alias Mann vs Machine... or... Mapper vs Meta?

Positive Ratings:
    func_detailed nodraws can do the job aswell.

8. Snowbat

Snowbat L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    I would go for the nodraw surfaces. They don't let ragdolls and all that shit through, and they also dont eat up resources as they are not drawn by the engine.