Snowdrift

CTF Snowdrift b4a

Trotim

aa
Jul 14, 2009
I do agree there should probably be another CP. Half the map seemed to be unused, partly because Blu failed to notice there was another way.

The custom snow particles are looking great. How are you going to try and fix the snow particles not spawning over buildings, though? Not at all? I honestly think it's negligible.
By the way, what are you going to replace the recolored snow texture with, any ideas yet?

Xantraz

L1: Registered
Jul 16, 2009
Left BLU exit on 2nd stage is broken - if you run through it, it'll makes you 'laggy' sometimes.

Here is the spot:
ctf_snowdrift_a8a0000.jpg

jpr

aa
Feb 1, 2009
Hmm, yeah, it's probably easier for red to defend the first part of the map if there is something concrete to defend... I have some big changes in mind, I'm not going to reveal anything now but I think and hope everyone will be happily surprised...

Edit: that's a bad displacement, I'l fix that in the next version

jpr

aa
Feb 1, 2009
I hope you were expecting big changes
snowdriftchanges3.png

The 2 stages are now one giant 4-cp stage, like I originally intended it to be. That's right, no stage 3, but what it loses in length it hopefully will eventually make up in quality. The updated layout should be finished this week and since I've been faster than I expected, it might also make it to a gameday this week.

Waif

L7: Fancy Member
Mar 22, 2009
you should put the red spawn in the very center of the map so that it isnt a huge run to the points.

The_Ulf

L6: Sharp Member
May 26, 2009
I mean, you know, reMAKE the map, not reDESIGN
dunno why I want to do that, probably because I'm a perfectionist

Dude - I fully understand. My brain nags me the exact same way. 'Bout to do a complete ground-up reconstruction on the map I'm working on in an attempt to set up the entities and level geometry more logically/cleanly.

jpr

aa
Feb 1, 2009
I've come to a conclusion that the map needs chokepoints between CPs... I'll add some for a10, which will most likely be remade from scratch. I've got enough time to do that, 50 days, and remaking takes like 2 days at most. a10 will hopefully be one of the last alphas