aa
Apr 14, 2009
i win

plr_scoville_a60000.jpg

Bockagon

L3: Member
Jul 15, 2009
bright sunlight is bright
seriously, I looked into while under the effect of jarate and my whole screen turned yellow. No visibility at all.

UKCS-Alias

Mann vs Machine... or... Mapper vs Meta?
aa
Sep 8, 2008
In stage 3 i noticed a few issues (some major!).

As a demoman you can sticky jump to the enemy spawn and stickycamp both sides while being hard to hit. Maybe have the spawn exits placed in a diffirent way so you will allways see whats in front of it making the camping harder.

On top of that building with the dish you can stand everywhere as a demoman except on the area with the dish itself (see attachment - right side is the clipped area and it looks like you can simply jump on it).

Further, stage 2 is too long. Especialy at the center. Not only does it take a long walk to reach the cart it supports the sniper too much. Stage 1 and 3 have a good lenght

Nineaxis

Quack Doctor
aa
May 19, 2008
The combination of light fog and dark lighting made the map lack a lot of contrast- which in turn made it hard to tell who was on what team in the heat of battle.

Void

Local Man Unable To Map, Sources Say
aa
Sep 14, 2008
In stage 3 i noticed a few issues (some major!).

As a demoman you can sticky jump to the enemy spawn and stickycamp both sides while being hard to hit. Maybe have the spawn exits placed in a diffirent way so you will allways see whats in front of it making the camping harder.

On top of that building with the dish you can stand everywhere as a demoman except on the area with the dish itself (see attachment - right side is the clipped area and it looks like you can simply jump on it).

Further, stage 2 is too long. Especialy at the center. Not only does it take a long walk to reach the cart it supports the sniper too much. Stage 1 and 3 have a good lenght

That's intentional. Very little limitations on vertical space in Stage 3.

I'll work on Stage 2 some more, as it hasn't worked out too well in either version, but the newest rendition seems to be best.

And Nine, I'll work on it.

Shadow Tyrant

L69: Deviant Member
Aug 7, 2009

Hey look, that's me!

Yeah, like I said in game, you really should make the func_respawnroom fit the entirety of the spawn room. It doesn't make sense that I die trying to change my class two feet from the resupply cabinet. Also, it allows engineers to build in the spawn room, which is generally bad. (See: griefing and inaccessible-to-enemies tele entrances)

I have no idea what anyone's talking about with the "super brightness"... I mean yeah it's bright, but it's not blinding bright. personally I think it's fine.

I love the layout though (Except the stage 2 sniper-fest), and the end area is totally badass. If I could make a suggestion, make a small trigger_push near the moving fan, to make it seem like it's actually blowing. Not a super-strong one, just one that'll slowly drag you into the fan if you stand still too long, and is weak enough that a spun-up Heavy can get out of it.

Void

aa
Sep 14, 2008
Sucking horizontal fans proved to be... troublesome, and infuriated Penguin.

I'll be addressing the spawn room thing in A7 - as I've always put it off and then realized "oh... the spawns" as I compiled.

Speaking of A7, here's a few shots of that one room in Stage 1, fully detailed. I think.

plr_scoville_a70000.jpg

plr_scoville_a70001.jpg

Void

aa
Sep 14, 2008
The Sepia World Map. It's Beatz's and is used in Cornfield.

Edit:

He gave me it.

Edit:

Which means I didn't take it.

Edit:

Not without excessive force, at least.

Edit:

I said he gave me it.

Radaka

L420: High Member
May 24, 2009
Probably some late feedback here, because this is from a3 (I think...), but I noticed that the first two stages seem kind of... amorphous as far as flow goes. The saving grace here is that the payload tracks direct players where to go, but the entire map could use a bit more "structure" to give it better feel.

On a more positive note, I enjoy playing on this map because it never feels chokey (and fans=good).

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
-amount of snow you have in stage 1 should be the amount of snow you have in stage 2, 1 should be ultra heavy snow.
-If you stand infront of the cart at stage 1 as the final cap is rolled over you get stuck, preventing the cart from capping D:
-stage 3's slopes lead you to look DIRECTLY into the sun, blinding you. reposition it, tone it down (a lot) or rotate that entire stage by 90 or 180.
-Stage 2 has a nice long sightline, the feel of it is very nice, but we did accumulate a disproportionate ammount of the snip' snip' guys.

Void

aa
Sep 14, 2008
-amount of snow you have in stage 1 should be the amount of snow you have in stage 2, 1 should be ultra heavy snow.
-If you stand infront of the cart at stage 1 as the final cap is rolled over you get stuck, preventing the cart from capping D:
-stage 3's slopes lead you to look DIRECTLY into the sun, blinding you. reposition it, tone it down (a lot) or rotate that entire stage by 90 or 180.
-Stage 2 has a nice long sightline, the feel of it is very nice, but we did accumulate a disproportionate ammount of the snip' snip' guys.

Everything you mentioned has been attended to and fixed in A7. :)

Expect it before or during this Weekend!

The_Ulf

L6: Sharp Member
May 26, 2009
Played pretty well overall today and, despite lack of players by the end, was fun! I like the layout as is - wasn't bothered too much by the sun, but if you can alter as YM says, I guess it wouldn't hurt.

The only bug we encountered was, as YM also stated, the cart didn't cap when someone got stuck in front of it at the end of stage 1.

Void

aa
Sep 14, 2008
Played pretty well overall today and, despite lack of players by the end, was fun! I like the layout as is - wasn't bothered too much by the sun, but if you can alter as YM says, I guess it wouldn't hurt.

The only bug we encountered was, as YM also stated, the cart didn't cap when someone got stuck in front of it at the end of stage 1.

Yeah, Stage 3 is rotated to reduce sun blinding now.

Jack Riguel

L10: Glamorous Member
Jul 19, 2009
Alright, I have to say this was one of the funniest PLR maps I played yet. While the first two stages seem a little open and the side routes are a little hard to find the first few times through the map, the last stage is incredibly well designed. The traps, the final stretch to the last cap... it's a very well made stage (I fully expect a a custom explosion at the conclusion ;) )

Alright, here's a few critiques:
-As I already said, some of the center fight areas seem a bit too open, however we were playing with a small group so that might have been an issue.
-Some of the side routes (explain in the second stage) are uncommonly used... once again this might have been due to the small teams, but I still felt as if there could be a bit more direction as to where the entrances lay.
-The carts seem to be shaking a lot at uphill points... badly placed path_track perhaps? (most noticeable was the last hill on the second stage).
-A few of the doorways that can have two carts going through them (like in the second stage) are too narrow... blocking player movement on one side of the cart. While the carts never got to this point I'd assume that if the two of them ended in the same place the entire doorway would have been blocked.
-Second stage doors need covering... I could imagine it to be very frustrating to get sniped before the round even starts. (I also agree with Youme's comment about the sightline.)

Void

aa
Sep 14, 2008
Alright, I have to say this was one of the funniest PLR maps I played yet. While the first two stages seem a little open and the side routes are a little hard to find the first few times through the map, the last stage is incredibly well designed. The traps, the final stretch to the last cap... it's a very well made stage (I fully expect a a custom explosion at the conclusion ;) )

Alright, here's a few critiques:
-As I already said, some of the center fight areas seem a bit too open, however we were playing with a small group so that might have been an issue.
-Some of the side routes (explain in the second stage) are uncommonly used... once again this might have been due to the small teams, but I still felt as if there could be a bit more direction as to where the entrances lay.
-The carts seem to be shaking a lot at uphill points... badly placed path_track perhaps? (most noticeable was the last hill on the second stage).
-A few of the doorways that can have two carts going through them (like in the second stage) are too narrow... blocking player movement on one side of the cart. While the carts never got to this point I'd assume that if the two of them ended in the same place the entire doorway would have been blocked.
-Second stage doors need covering... I could imagine it to be very frustrating to get sniped before the round even starts. (I also agree with Youme's comment about the sightline.)

I'll work on those.

Dunno what's so bad about the "shaking carts" as I've never seen it before, and the hills are just copied straight out of the Gametype Library.