Sabotage

Sabotage b2e

Seba

DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD
aa
Jun 9, 2009
300fps - 80fps = 260fps yaymath

Have you tried editing $reflectivity of a few textures in that room, like YM's tut suggested? I think that that would kill the need for that many superbright lamps in one area.

Jan 20, 2010
I believe the hazards are warnings for low bars or ceilings. At least that seems to be the intent.

Wilson

Boomer by Sleep
aa
May 4, 2010
You might want to check your optimization, my fps had some major drops at mid and indoors areas near spawn, detailing was also bit bare in some areas, like spawn and the room with broke roof.

Other than that, i enjoyed the map a lot and it is solid ctf map.

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
Thanks, it's early beta so some bare spots will obviously be apparent.

I'm reconsidering some details at mid (constantly, even), i'm finding the FPS drop at mid is mostly because of the scaffolding on the bridge. This is kind of annoying about the scaffolding models, if i or anyone else want to utilise the scaffolding in a more comprehensive way you have to sacrifice a lot of your performance budget.

EDIT: I also think my liberal use of env_glow is causing some performance issues for low end machines. It's within acceptable limits but it'd be nice to sort something out for a wider demographic of PC users. It's just a shame that sprites stack in relation to HDR, so overlapping sprites glow with increased intensity.

Last edited:

honeymustard

L9: Fashionable Member
Oct 26, 2009
I didn't have any FPS problems at all.

I didn't really enjoy the layout, at least around the intel, it felt like square room -> square room -> square room. Taking the intel back to our base seemed to take a really long time, though maybe it was just me taking a bad route.

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
I guess that intel capping would take a little while, it used to be nuetral invade so it was originally a lot less. But then, you could say exactly the same thing about 2fort. You have to walk through your whole base to cap, instead of like TFC where the capture point is on your battlements (and unfortunately ctf_sabotage doesn't have a battlements to have the option to revert to classic TF style capture locations). I could consider moving the capture point up but then i don't want teams to experience rolling captures.

I'm curious about the square room thing though, most maps besides hydro have a bunch of square rooms. The corridors in 2fort are the major complaint in the map so i've tried to avoid it and ended up with mostly square rooms instead. Hopefully more detail in later beta releases will reduce this feeling, but i'm open to layout suggestoins about this.