Ridgid

PL Ridgid a2

LeSwordfish

semi-trained quasi-professional
aa
Aug 8, 2010
This is a pretty neat little map! There's some really cool ideas in here, but I think there's also some things that could be improved. You use drop-downs and one-way routes cleverly, but there are lots of places where there are only a few routes. Generally it needs a bit more width, if you get me? More ways for both attackers and defenders to go sideways and around the other team, plus wider main routes so you can dodge a bit - in the current spaces, they'll be hopelessly cramped and spammy for full teams of twelve! I would suggest at least one way to get from each area to the next, and make all the big areas - the start, the route between first and second - about 1.5 to 2x as big.

The final part looks quite easy to take: there's no raised areas or good places to defend from, or for snipers or sentries to set up.

Also, whatever custom thing you have in the first area isn't packed.

Lovres

Level -1: Prenatal Member
Jan 25, 2015
This is a pretty neat little map! There's some really cool ideas in here, but I think there's also some things that could be improved. You use drop-downs and one-way routes cleverly, but there are lots of places where there are only a few routes. Generally it needs a bit more width, if you get me? More ways for both attackers and defenders to go sideways and around the other team, plus wider main routes so you can dodge a bit - in the current spaces, they'll be hopelessly cramped and spammy for full teams of twelve! I would suggest at least one way to get from each area to the next, and make all the big areas - the start, the route between first and second - about 1.5 to 2x as big.

The final part looks quite easy to take: there's no raised areas or good places to defend from, or for snipers or sentries to set up.

Also, whatever custom thing you have in the first area isn't packed.

Thanks for the feedback! I know I had to add all of those things but it was early hours in the morning and I couldn't think of any ideas, I was gonna look at the demo and see if I could think what needed to be added/changed :)

Lovres

Level -1: Prenatal Member
Jan 25, 2015
A map made for the 72 hour summer mapping jam

pl_lovres_72hr will be a placeholder name for the duration of the jam until its first update post-jam. This map is a single stage payload map and only features 2 capture points.

Here is what I added since the last update:
  • Added a new building in the first courtyard
  • added new route from raised area
  • removed ramp from first courtyard to mini badwater
  • Reworked mini badwater to include more routes
  • shortened tunnel length
  • added new buildings at end of tunnel
  • re-created last point to feature a new layout
  • added an actual end pit
  • reworked red spawn
  • added resupply locker to blue spawn
  • added various ammo and health packs