Respawn problem [SOLVED]

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by snowsquirrel, Dec 21, 2017.

1. snowsquirrel

snowsquirrel L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    When I capture the second cp, new info_player_teamspawn entities should enable (triggered by cp capture). But when I try to respawn I get this message in the console:
    "EntSelectSpawnPoint(): No valid spawns for class #TF_Class_Name_Scout on team 3 found, even though at least one spawn entity exists."
    Somehow it spawns me on the info_player_destination even though the the info_player_teamspawn entities should have been triggered. The output when the cp is captured is working because the input appears on the info_player_teamspawn entities.

Help pls

Last edited: Dec 21, 2017
  2. Da Spud Lord

aa Da Spud Lord L0: Shitty Member

Positive Ratings:
    Are the outputs actually firing? Use the console command "developer 2" to view inputs and outputs (they'll be displayed in the upper left corner as well as printed to the console). You can also try using the ent_fire command to manually enable the entities. And make sure your info_player_teamspawn entities are set up properly- correct team, not in a brush or other solid, elevated above the ground, etc. If none of those work, you'll have to provide some Hammer screenshots.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2017
  3. henke37

aa henke37

Positive Ratings:
    Or simply the vmf download. That works too.

4. snowsquirrel

Positive Ratings:
    Hi sorry for the late reply. I won't be able to try your advice until Monday probably. I'll update you that happens.

5. snowsquirrel

Positive Ratings:
    Sorry for the late reply again folks. Turns out I simply had to assign the teamspawn entities to Blue!