Respawn problem [SOLVED]

squ1rrel

L4: Comfortable Member
Apr 11, 2016
When I capture the second cp, new info_player_teamspawn entities should enable (triggered by cp capture). But when I try to respawn I get this message in the console:
"EntSelectSpawnPoint(): No valid spawns for class #TF_Class_Name_Scout on team 3 found, even though at least one spawn entity exists."
Somehow it spawns me on the info_player_destination even though the the info_player_teamspawn entities should have been triggered. The output when the cp is captured is working because the input appears on the info_player_teamspawn entities.

Help pls

Last edited:

Da Spud Lord

Occasionally I make maps
aa
Mar 23, 2017
Are the outputs actually firing? Use the console command "developer 2" to view inputs and outputs (they'll be displayed in the upper left corner as well as printed to the console). You can also try using the ent_fire command to manually enable the entities. And make sure your info_player_teamspawn entities are set up properly- correct team, not in a brush or other solid, elevated above the ground, etc. If none of those work, you'll have to provide some Hammer screenshots.

Last edited:

henke37

aa
Sep 23, 2011
Or simply the vmf download. That works too.

squ1rrel

Apr 11, 2016
Hi sorry for the late reply. I won't be able to try your advice until Monday probably. I'll update you that happens.

squ1rrel

Apr 11, 2016
Sorry for the late reply again folks. Turns out I simply had to assign the teamspawn entities to Blue!