Resizing prop_static

cruizer

L2: Junior Member
Mar 6, 2008
maybe I'm missing something... but there is different scales of the fence you're using already. About as many different lengths as you could ever use. Why don't you just use those?

It's not the fence I want, it's the barbed wire on top of the fence. The only fence that has it, and it is exactly what I want, is the security fence. It only comes in one size, really freaking tall.

If i put the full length of the fence on top of the wall, which is really tall already, you're never going to even see the barbed wire.

It looks like I just may not get to use it at all.

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
You could just remove the fence at that section and do some fancy brush work in place of the barbed wire. Just an example.. took me maybe 15 minutes? Dunno.. didn't keep track. I reworked it a fair bit, and you should too.. to find out what works best, especially a good set of complimentary textures lol.

wall1.jpg

woodbulb

L1: Registered
Mar 17, 2008
What about making a block with the invis texture and then making it a func_illusionary.. would that work?

Earl

L6: Sharp Member
Dec 21, 2007
Isn't there a barbed wire texture than can be applied to a rope? If that's the case you could just make a rope with a whole bunch of keyframes in a helix.

poopster101

L4: Comfortable Member
Jan 28, 2008
make a rope with a whole bunch of keyframes in a helix.

it would be easier to make an arch and give it vertical height but thats the right idea
that could work with the right texture