Reflection

CP relfection [working title] a6

LeSwordfish

semi-trained quasi-professional
aa
Aug 8, 2010
  • Give us forward spawns for capping mid. Make them not unlock for thirty seconds, though, so the first thirty seconds arent a clusterfuck..
  • Use a neutral payload custom cart, or parent a bunch of "Explosive" props to a cart base if you don't want to use a custom model
  • Sort out the spectator point inside the cart- move the func_tracktrain's origin up 64, and change the "Height above track" field to however much you moved it up
  • The areas with the small bridges weren't very fun to fight in. Trenches are'nt great for gameplay since they block movement, but not LOS
  • The vent props at mid don't fit
  • Put something approaching a proper setup gate in, not just glass.

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
Needs an advanced spawn really.

Also your ceilings were a little on the low side for the upper area.

You also need to sort out your spawn doors. Several times several people, including myself, got trapped in them. What's with the strange slope/ramp thing going on as well?

A little more ammo in appropriate places and fewer medium health packs. Scouts had a real field day gobbling up those between ambushes.

Use a cart that is more appropriate to the mode. I was confused for the better part of 2 rounds when i could see RED being healed by the BLU bomb and pushing it back. I thought it was a new mechanic despite the HUD being symmetrical.

skinnynerd

L2: Junior Member
Sep 17, 2010
Thank you everyone that played this map in the Sunday Gameday, and who stayed on the server despite the buggy doors and general mapping failure; thank you to grazr for hosting the Gameday and helping me find the demo.

Next version:
  • Deal with fail spawn doors
  • Move 2nd pt, and mess with the layout around the bridge 2nd bridge
  • Slower Respawns
  • Foreward spawns for the winning team
  • Setup Doors
  • Neutral Cart
  • Cart speed up to six people, instead of three
  • Move spectator points/Add real spec pts.
  • Deal with health and ammo placement
  • And more...

skinnynerd

Sep 17, 2010
A5

The 2nd point sucks, I know, but I just wanted to make the map playable to test the 1st + mid while I had time.

Screenshots and change log will be updated later.

EDIT: Oh, and if some admin would like to change this thread title to "reflection" instead of "relfection", that would be great.

Last edited:

skinnynerd

Sep 17, 2010
Code:
[B]A6[/B] -- 02/25/2011
    - Removed side area from second point
    - Added skill-jump route up to second level at second point
    - Messed with respawn times, now longer than before, attacker advantage increased
    - Redistributed health and ammo to give the defenders an advantage
    - Fixed timer end not causing stalemate
    - Removed upper route into last point

Zhan

L5: Dapper Member
Dec 18, 2010
What happened to the payload? I was looking forward to another Waste-style tug-of-war PL map.

REEJ

L420: High Member
Aug 26, 2010
reflection_a6

1. Could use a few more light sources in exterior parts of the map to add a bit of liveliness
2. More ammo packs would be nice

LeSwordfish

semi-trained quasi-professional
aa
Aug 8, 2010
The sentry spot above the final point is evil: in fact i found engineers were particularly powerful. I dunno how, there wasnt much ammo. There also werent enough routes up to the upper levels around the second points. The crouch-jumping route, and two way outside the point area? As pyro, i was constantly ducking and diving to avoid somebody spamming down, and unable to travel so far from the point to climb up and kill the bastards.

Sergis

L666: ])oo]v[
aa
Jul 22, 2009
I wouldn't call the yellow block route a "skill jump". In my opinion, a skill jump is a tricky jump that you can easily fail if you do it wrong. Getting on Gpit C roof is a skilljump, jumping off the prop at Dustbowl 2-2 is a skilljump, getting the health and ammo in my map Morras Castle at F is a skilljump. What you have is a pretty straightforward crouchjumping, which is more like the route behind the house at Dustbowl 2-1, which doesn't really require any skill beyond jumping forward.

Wilson

Boomer by Sleep
aa
May 4, 2010
I like the map but my biggest issue is that area after mid and second is terrible, (The upper one with containers) as it is really open and dominated by snipers, most of the time attempts to push to mid were taken down by 1-3 snipers hiding behind containers.

Also, rise the spawn time for attackers when second point is capped, it is really hard to push back from last as the spawn times are quite low.