Dec 28, 2008
I feel inclined to post this...

hl2%202010-06-01%2019-17-38-12.jpg

Last edited:

Fraz

Blu Hatte, Greyscale Backdrop.
aa
Dec 28, 2008
Gonna put this in Blueprint this Friday. Should I list it as pl_armagosa or pl_kickass?

Depending on if we get a6 out, a5 is named under kickass, a6 will be named under amargosa. I'm hoping to get a6 out today or tomorrow though :)

Fraz

aa
Dec 28, 2008
Alpha 6 Released - 1st June 2010 - 15:00 GMT
Stage 1
  • *Started* detailing in blue spawn
  • Moved cart starting position forward 128 units
  • Moved the stairs that were outside inside near blue spawn
  • Moved the hp in the building from blue tunnel upstairs
  • Extended bridge near the end forward to make it a more viable attacking position
  • Moved a door and added a balcony next to the final cap
  • Moved the cart ending position back a bit

Stage 2
  • Minor glitches fixed

Stage 3
  • Widened the spammy corner after the cp a bit
  • Shortened the tunnel around cp
  • Extended the ramp in the lower area after the tunnel after the cp

Last edited:

Fraz

aa
Dec 28, 2008
Alpha 7 Released - 2nd June 2010 - 22:10 GMT
Stage 1
  • Fixed the tunnel clipping being 1 way/crouch to get through
  • Fixed clipping on numerous objects in blue spawn

Stage 2
  • None

Stage 3
  • None

Last edited:

lana

Currently On: ?????
aa
Sep 28, 2009
I think it's still a little tough to defend the third stage. Not sure why, it just seems like there's no viable defense.

And it looks more like an Alpha6a than a new alpha.

Last edited:

Fraz

aa
Dec 28, 2008
ehhh, a number is a number. In the grand scheme of things it doesn't matter much :p

Fraz

aa
Dec 28, 2008
bump for the impromptu. I felt the area in s1 around the point might be a *tad* hard. so I have 2 options to propose to you. They are as follow:

Making this door 1 way
hrm.png

Forcing red to use this route
hrm2.png

OR

Add a sideroute, with the door marked in pink one way, to give blue a little rest area before pushing out if they want
hrm4.png

Hanz

Ravin' Rabbid
aa
Jan 18, 2009
People will still much more use the shorter route I think instead of that new long one. You could put a 1 way door, that might make it a little easier for blu to push through. In goldrush stage 1 there is also only 1 route for RED going to the first area.

Personaly I felt that 1-2 was a little hard when I had my sentry up on that upper area (I guess you know where I did put my sentry, otherwise I'll show it on a screenshot).

Also capping 2-1 was a not too easy and not too hard but after we pushed the cart between 2-1 and 2-2 we couldn't reach the cart anymore because RED was pushing us back and we were all fighting around the 2-1, even though that was already capped. So make it a little easier for BLU to hold the 2-1 area and the area before 2-2 maybe. Use 1 way areas or more health for BLU or something. :)

Too bad we couldn't reach stage 3, but I liked the 2 first stages a lot! :)

Fraz

aa
Dec 28, 2008
I've went with the side route, for the sole reason that it's probably better in the longrun. It may be longer, but generally with the 2.5 rule (which I'm trying to stick to) is 2 mainish routes (through the building & following the path) and one flanking side route, which will be the one I'm adding. The 1 way door will always be an option though.

TMP

Ancient Pyro Main
aa
Aug 11, 2008

My thought when I see these two pics

"Whoop this door looks like it will come out right after the point! Sweet. Do do do do AAAAAA HOLY SHIT OW OW OW MY LEG MY LEG IS BROKE. I DID NOT EXPECT THAT DOOR TO NOT EXIT ONTO ANYTHING!"

Add an awning you exit out onto or something.

Boylee

pew pew pew
aa
Apr 29, 2008
My thought when I see these two pics

"Whoop this door looks like it will come out right after the point! Sweet. Do do do do AAAAAA HOLY SHIT OW OW OW MY LEG MY LEG IS BROKE. I DID NOT EXPECT THAT DOOR TO NOT EXIT ONTO ANYTHING!"

Add an awning you exit out onto or something.

Or just a prop or two below / beside door would let you know you're looking down into a little drop.

Fraz

aa
Dec 28, 2008
Why did TPG post pictures of Midget's map?
I'm confused :X

Also good idea going with the side route, should help relieve the stress on that area of the map :)

TPG has been helping me out with some stuff :)