Propane

Fraz

Blu Hatte, Greyscale Backdrop.
aa
Dec 28, 2008
Bump For Impromptu
  • The choke in stage 2 may need another way/flank around to aid blu
  • Some people felt that there were a lot of large/flat areas. If possible, could you screenshot and post them?
  • Stage 1 final area needs some tweaks, does the stage in whole need any changes apart from there?
  • Gates. Lots of gates. Looking at you tpg

Please, post with anything you want to say.

alboon

L1: Registered
Jul 31, 2010
well i was playing this the y'day its nice, only 2 stages tho never made it to the 3rd, and in stage one there is no spawn safty place for pushing team, i was on the defending team and was able to use there lockers.

and maybe with more people i'd get out of the 2nd stage better was hard to start pushing the payload an first.

But its a nice round map so far :) wouldn't mind seeing the 3rd stage :)

Hanz

Ravin' Rabbid
aa
Jan 18, 2009
Hanz owns as soldier.

Ok Selentic was healing me but sssh.

Apart from that I really enjoyed the map. It felt like we were steamrolling sometimes though, but that could also be because of unbalanced teams. Um, stage 1 felt good I think. Maybe fix the end as you said yourself, but don't make it tooo easy. Stage 2 was the worst I think. We could easily get to flank BLU with ubers and kill like the whole team and stop their attack (once they capped control point 1, they didn't get a lot of further anymore than just after the big ramp).
In stage 3 we won pretty easily as BLU, we were fighting RED at their spawn, and in the meantime the other part of our team was easily capping CP 1. :p Also, fill in the last area of the whole map a little more, it feels so empty, the last cap. :)

Apr 19, 2009
BLU had a hard time on 2-2 because people could hop up on the flank, a simple fence would fix this. :V

fence.PNG

thaCURSEDpie

L1: Registered
Mar 8, 2010
Stage 2:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9652939/pl_propane_a9a0000_commented.png
You can spam in too much as Red

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9652939/pl_propane_a9a0001_commented.jpg
This room was very hard for blu to get into (and take advantage of

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9652939/pl_propane_a9a0002_commented.png
You round this corner, you're basically dead.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9652939/pl_propane_a9a0003_commented.png
Why isn't there any cover? Also, that sentry-spot seemed REALLY strong.

We steamrolled stage 1 as Blu, could've been because of the teams though. Didn't get to stage 3.

ricardojvc6

L6: Sharp Member
Jun 8, 2009
looks beautiful midget :) I hope minebrawl look likes exactly like yours except for the skybox and theme lol
Looking good like it should

Ninjilla

L420: High Member
Sep 13, 2008
This room needs just one light, I was pretty hidden in here as a heavy, jsut a thought.

quality_0149.jpg

This area is much too wide, maybe it needs a reduction or something in the middle, but as it was I dont think red can do much to stop blue, if they try to go to a cart, snipers can pick them off. Area generally seems like an excuse for Blue to push the cart a bit further while red does nothing.

quality_0150.jpg

And the Last point has no Engy helping spots. While I dont think they should be able to lock down a point, a struggle would be fun for Red and Blue, in my opinion. Engineer seemed a bit useless and I couldnt find any good Sentry locations around here.

Last edited:

Boylee

pew pew pew
aa
Apr 29, 2008
Engineers should really be at their strongest on the final point.

The open are you mentioned above can be swung either way Ninjilla. I played on a test where Blu never made it past that area. Sentries on the slope and snipers watching the entrances to that area pretty much locked it down.

Definitely agree that it needs something to make that area more interesting but I also don't think you should swing it too heavily in Red's favour as I've seen it defended with ease several times.

Ninjilla

L420: High Member
Sep 13, 2008
Then the best solution for both teams would be something in the middle that breaks the giant sightline and lets both teams flank around, or a layout revision so its a non-issue.

Fraz

Blu Hatte, Greyscale Backdrop.
aa
Dec 28, 2008
Gameday Bump!

I got a few comments about it being slightly overscaled which I'll need to look at. I do think stage 2 could use some work around the bottom of that hill where teams can set up one hell of a defence. The rest of the stage then on could be too big. I'll probably bring the final point closer to blue and squash that whole last area's width as well. Anybody else got any thoughts on stage 2?

Stage one people didn't really comment on, which I can assume is a good thing, I hope. Still some tweaks need to be made to detailing and some areas may need to be tightened up some more as well. Any thoughts on this would be muchly appreciated :)

Oh, and because it wasn't a full server I fear some bits may have been more effective than they should've. I'll still try to tweak it so it plays well at 24 man, and 14 man a bit more.

Mar 23, 2010
can you make the cart play Propane Nightmares and/or hank saying "Propane and propane accessories repeatedly instead of the normal cart noise?

Fruity Snacks

Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums
aa
Sep 5, 2010
I left feedback for it before, but I might as well elaborate here.

Stage 2's downhill has a ridiculously mean sentry spot (to the right, in the little cave). I don't think it should be gotten rid of, but I think that maybe a 1way route to the area from a little farther back wouldn't hurt. that way people have a chance to take the sentry down, but can't use it as a full route. (if that makes sense)... Basically just add a dropdown area and a small hallway to it and I think it'd be a lot better.