Portal 2 Coming to The PS3!

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
I just realized that they dropped a hint to this last week: they're excuse for delaying Portal 2 was that "making games is hard." Isn't that what Gabe said about developing for the PS3? Or at least how everyone paraphrases it?

Micnax

Back from the dead (again)
aa
Apr 25, 2009
I just realized that they dropped a hint to this last week: they're excuse for delaying Portal 2 was that "making games is hard." Isn't that what Gabe said about developing for the PS3? Or at least how everyone paraphrases it?

I'm guessing so. What was in the trailers was NOT the normal Source engine, so it's obviously going to be something new...

Source 2011 anyone? With PS3 support? ;)

Pc_Madness

L4: Comfortable Member
Aug 31, 2009
Isn't that what Gabe said about developing for the PS3? Or at least how everyone paraphrases it?

Thats always what he said, developing for the PS3 was incredibly difficult compared with the Xbox 360 (and not that the Xbox 360 made things easy), since at that point most PC games weren't even multi-threaded, and then both consoles came out that required multi-threading to perform well, but Sony's method was completely different from where normal computing was going.

I dunno why people are having a go at him for it. Hes allowed to say if he thinks a platform is a crappy idea or not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bR8CVLVmKQs about half way through is when he talks about it.

Feb 14, 2008
I don't think that doing a PS3 version would delay a game by several months.

gamemaster1996

L13: Stunning Member
Sep 30, 2009
Wow, Guess what console i asked for, for my birthday (by the way my birthdays on the 24th :) )

If you cant guess it's ps3

Feb 14, 2008
British people don't like the british core :D

Feb 17, 2009
Looks like a new Source Engine. :3
Looks AMAZING.
:O

Last edited:

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
Why do people spoil things for themselves.

The story in those vids is negligible, and nothing more than what was revealed in the gameinformer articles.

Overall, not too much of the story is given away, far more in the articles than those videos. (second two are just gameplay mechanics)

WarZombie

L1: Registered
Jun 13, 2010
Gabe even said it himself that the PS3 version will be the nest console version, which means two things:

1. Now I literally have ZERO excuse not to own a PS3 (Valve games were still console-exclusive to 360) because PS3 supports Steamworks and in all likelihood will also support mods.

2. He said "Best CONSOLE version", so obviously PC/Mac are still the lead platforms for Portal 2. Still though, I didn't think anything would top MGS coming to 360, but man was I wrong. Great for PS3 gamers.

Now all I need is an announcement for Source SDK on the Mac...