Discussion in 'Maps' started by Juice, May 25, 2008.
Hopefully, this is the last crap map I make.
Tested it out single player. I must say it's nice with snow and thunder sounds however. they do not mix well... is it even possible to have thunder and snow at the same time? ah whatever, it's a game maybe i should relax a little
well then i'll give you some criticism on this level here, good and bad.
first the bad points that needs some adjusting:
1. THIS. #1. the dispenser beam comes out the yodelers crotch. fix it, I didn't wan't to stand near him at all...
2. the yodelsound can get really annoying if you activate it several times over eachother (so that there are 5 yodeling tracks overlapping). I don't know how to fix this (never done payload), if it can't be helped then leave it... it's just a minor inconvenience.
3. The yodeler hands out points for 'capture' whenever he feels like it... or so it seems.
4. I'ts too far to the yodeler from the red respawn in setup time? unless there's a secret passage I missed.
5 optimize it. more nodraw texture and try limit how much of the geometry is beeing rendered through walls. my computer can 'see' the endcliff from blue starting area.
6. make lanters and some other small props 'not solid'. Just a personal opinion but I'd trade movement smoothiness over realistic decoration anyday
there's other odd things but nothing major and they only matter if someone is specifically looking for errors. (which I kind of did, I must admit)
good points include:
1. nice setting I like the snow and the way you make it feel cold and fresh.
2. The yodeler is funny to sing along to (I tried atleast!) and its easy to find him (really good).
3. It's only one stage, this could be a negative point but in this case I think it's rewarding.
4. good mix of texture so it's not all wood or all concrete.
- then you can ofc. change my bad points list onto the good one once they are fixed.
I can't comment on gameplay since I didn't play online, but now that I've seen it I would like to try it (just fix the capture points thing so it doesn't ruin my stats!)
Indeed it is. We get them occasionally. Nothing cooler than lighting and snow at the same time.
LOL your footsteps are placed like somebody is jumping with his feet tied together XD
@map: Haven't played it yet but the yodeller is a innovative idea (and not a gimmick in my opinion) and I like the cliff-test-sign at the end.
I think the cart in VALVe's payload map does that anyway, every time i touch the cart it gives me a capture point.
Have you never played pl_goldrush? Go stand next to the goldrush cart as blu for 10 seconds... ZOMG! one caputure point! another ten seconds? another point!
The cart dispences 0.1 captures per second in the official map as well as most of the custom payload maps.
yeah, my brother told me that after I posted. guess I just took for granted that capture points were given based on checkpoints, my bad..
Ive played this on atleast 6 servers, awesome gameplay in my opinion.
Separate names with a comma.