Pick a side.

Where are your loyalties

• Total voters

J4CK8

L11: Posh Member
Mar 4, 2009
Is everyone joining soldier becuase it's aparantly the harder class to master? Personaly I think they are both equal. Soldier has to 'face' his enemy to kill them easily, but demomen have to get a direct pipe bomb hit to do any great damage.

Amitedly stickies are sometimes easier to kill, but a soldier has two decent medium range weapons, whereas demo isn't particulaly reliable past medium range. (This is just my opinion btw.)

Oh, and btw, the more people join team soldier, the more there are for us to kill >:)

Nutomic

Feb 7, 2009
Oh, and btw, the more people join team soldier, the more there are for us to kill >:)

Thats the problem for us soldiers, i was on about ten servers today, and on most of them, there were way more soldiers than demos, thats why i only have 111 demo scalps yet :(

Feb 14, 2008
One of my friends saw one guy with 1125 kills for one of the sides (can't remember which)

J4CK8

Mar 4, 2009
One of my friends saw one guy with 1125 kills for one of the sides (can't remember which)

There was a map on fpsb earlier (think it's been removed) that forced players who spawn as demo in a tiny room and soldiers outside with auto-crits. Fire into the room and guaranteed demo kills. It attracted loads of players thanks to a creative name involving the word 'farm'.

EDIT: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rx2MutERBC8"]YouTube- CHEATERS!.[/ame]
119210a.jpg

Last edited:

Dr. KillPatient

L3: Member
May 10, 2009
I've noticed that soldier's still ahead by almost exactly 100,000 kills, nearly equal to his original lead-- by today he should have been much farther ahead, considering the ratio stays roughly the same. Valve's up to something... Perhaps they'll end in some ridiculous tie and give the weapon to both?

Last edited:

MrAlBobo

L13: Stunning Member
Feb 20, 2008
I've noticed that soldier's still ahead by almost exactly 100,000 kills, nearly equal to his original lead-- by today he should have been much farther ahead, considering the ratio stays roughly the same. Valve's up to something... Perhaps they'll end in some ridiculous tie and give the weapon to both?

im strongly suspecting this actually...especially since they have given themselves the ability to edit the points with this "gabe's favorite posters" thing <_<

Delusibeta

L3: Member
Mar 21, 2009
I'll just leave a link to this here. It pretty much sums up my views.

Nutomic

Feb 7, 2009

Looks more like the soldier is about 220 000 ahead. Maybe you looked at the old blog post?

Domino

L1: Registered
May 13, 2008
Well as for the vote, there should of been an option for "I play both classes, both are equal in their own ways, thus I don't care who gets the extra, both will be played anyway"

Sounds about right for me, but being forced to choose I went with the Soldier being more played than Demo for me, along with me predicting where people are going across the map being able to shoot them with the rocket :p there has been several moments I wish I had on demo.

If it was personality of the year, then the Demo would win without a doubt, being the Scottish drunk ;) also having one of the best Meet the Team videos.

What I also perceived as being interesting is that they have left the engineer to be the last class to be updated, although I'm sure there is going to be another big surprise for him alone.

lana

Currently On: ?????
aa
Sep 28, 2009
There was a map on fpsb earlier (think it's been removed) that forced players who spawn as demo in a tiny room and soldiers outside with auto-crits. Fire into the room and guaranteed demo kills. It attracted loads of players thanks to a creative name involving the word 'farm'.

And thus, Demoman wins.

Shmitz

Old Hat
aa
Nov 12, 2007
but being forced to choose

This is kind of baffling me. The thread is titled "Pick a side". If a person is not interested in picking a side and participating in what that entails, why would they even be interested in this thread? There's no reward for voting in the poll, so even if there wasn't a neutral option, nothing is forcing anyone to vote. If you're not interested in choosing a side, well, there are several other active threads about this update full of less side-picking discussion.

Thingy Person

L1: Registered
Sep 6, 2009
it was kinda obvious from the start that soldier was gonna win though, he's better at face-to-face combat than demo.

they should just give both classes the 4th weapon :<

"It appears some of you have been unscrupulous! After deducting these illegitimate contributions- OH HEY A TIE"

Also, Demoman. I've been to a Burns Recital, which certainly is better than mardigras.

Dec 25, 2007
Also, Demoman. I've been to a Burns Recital, which certainly is better than mardigras.

The Demoman doesn't do [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burns_supper"][/ame]Burns Supper -- he does Explosions Supper!

Feb 14, 2008
Loving the new poll :D

Psy

The Imp Queen
aa
Apr 9, 2008
Figures were updated at 11:14am PST and currently stand at...

4,306,329 Soldiers killed.
4,540,493 Demos killed.