Payload race questions

drp

aa
Oct 25, 2007
did the custom game mode 'balloon race' inspire payload race?

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
did the custom game mode 'balloon race' inspire payload race?

Or even the community payload race maps that are being created?

Maybe if you combined those questions..?

I'm not exactly sure whether the payload race concept was announced before the custom community decided to involve themselves in constructing plr maps.

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
Bump, any more questions, perhaps some that aren't quite pipeline connected?

NovaSilisko

L42: Life, the Universe and Everything
aa
Feb 3, 2009
How long does it usually take to develop a new theme for TF2?

Mar

Banned
Feb 12, 2009
Why don't you extend your player clips all the way to the skybox?

Apr 13, 2009
Can you beg the coders to make the "Map Title" key in worldspawn be what displays on the loading screen? :D

This ! :bored:

Also : any potential support for domination/KoTH game mode ? (though this falls under the generic customizable hud request)

Last edited:

MungoKing

L3: Member
Jul 12, 2008
How many others are on the mapping team for TF2? Does Valve switch them around between different games? Do they only stick to single player or multiplayer maps?

If there are other "permanent" mappers on the TF2 team (have done more than one map) what maps have they done?

Do you ever bounce mapping ideas off of other guys/gals on the team?

Are maps ever a group effort, such as how some maps on this site are done; i.e. One person works on a part of the map, uploads it to something like Dropbox, then another person continues work, and it switches back and forth.

Ravidge

Grand Vizier
aa
May 14, 2008
Will we ever be able to pack custom particles/manifest in custom maps?

Will there be a full sized alpine map (not arena) made by valve anytime soon?

MungoKing

L3: Member
Jul 12, 2008
Will we ever be able to pack custom particles/manifest in custom maps?

Will there be a full sized alpine map (not arena or payload) made by valve anytime soon?

Fixed that for you ;P

(Not that payload isn't full sized, we just haven't gotten anything but that recently)

Tom Foolery

L1: Registered
Apr 13, 2009
Why does the first stage have the carts going in opposite directions, while the other two stages have them going in the same direction? Why no uniformity?

^EDIT: I think the first two actually have opposite directions, while the third is the only one that has them in the same direction. This bothers me because unlike Dustbowl or Goldrush, where blue is clearly pushing red back across a large area, it's like both teams said, "Okay, we're done here, let's go to the next area."

Why is the advantage on the third stage for winning the first two so small? A few seconds of pushing the losing cart brings it up to the other one.

Last edited:

Gaw

L4: Comfortable Member
Apr 21, 2009
Are you planning any other new game types in future?

Void

Local Man Unable To Map, Sources Say
aa
Sep 14, 2008
How many people are involved in the development of a new Theme?

HeaH

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Oct 2, 2008
Why did you remove the blue/red trails that we saw in the bonk screenshot?

Can we see some screenshots of early versions of Pipeline?

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
guys.. I've already sent the email..

@anon - valve are very good at not giving away future plans

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
heh, is it that important to you to know a hashed guess at an eta? It will go on the front page when we get a responce so you wont be able to miss it. (unless you live in a hole perhaps)

sent sunday if memory serves, so maybe a responce sometime around the end of the week/begining of next?? depends how busy dario is really.