▶Overwatch Megathread◀

Joshenkstone

L5: Dapper Member
Oct 24, 2015
a bit late but still, Joshenkstone#2283 (eu)

Fruity Snacks

Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums
aa
Sep 5, 2010
I asked them if they wanted to release an SDK:

Thiago Klafke "It's not as easy as just releasing the tools though, a lot of our architectural pieces are custom made to fit the place they are being used at. (example streets, buildings etc are mostly unique meshes)"

A mixture of this + a plethora of other non-trival problems which modding creates makes me think we won't see custom maps for a few years, if ever.

(Modular art kits tho <3)

zahndah

professional letter
aa
Jul 4, 2015
Am i the only one who likes torbiorn the best?

Jethro

MUSty Complainer
Nov 2, 2009
I didn't think they were iffy at all. Any info you can find on the internet points to Blizzard keeping customization completely out of the game. They want all their players to experience the same thing in the same way. That's why you won't be able to control your HUD or viewmodels. I expect the same philosophy will carry over to custom content. The OW engine is proprietary and no official tools have been released for it. I highly doubt if we'll be able to do any modifying of OW.

There was an official blue post with an answer about mapping for Overwatch. It was basically "we'd like to but we have no solid plans for it in the near future". So... don't expect it at all, is my take away from that.

zahndah

professional letter
aa
Jul 4, 2015
I consider him a defensive support

I also would say he is defensive, but i'd say he also is viable attacking, as the sentries have unlimited range you can put them at a choke and heavily discourage the defending team going near there. Also +75hp is always nice and he can deal tons of damage (1 hit a tracer).

Geit

&#128156; I probably broke it &#128156;
aa
May 28, 2009
I also would say he is defensive, but i'd say he also is viable attacking, as the sentries have unlimited range you can put them at a choke and heavily discourage the defending team going near there. Also +75hp is always nice and he can deal tons of damage (1 hit a tracer).

You can put it on the payloads too, if you'd like to ruin an unsuspecting defending team's day. He's also the only character that can hide behind most of the payloads without being seen.

That being said, like Bastion he needs to be banned from getting POTG.

Fruity Snacks

Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums
aa
Sep 5, 2010
You can put it on the payloads too, if you'd like to ruin an unsuspecting defending team's day. He's also the only character that can hide behind most of the payloads without being seen.

That being said, like Bastion he needs to be banned from getting POTG.

You can put a lot of different placeables on things like the payload, riptire and basketballs. Junkrat can put a trap + sticky on the basketball and just push it to the point for some fun. Riptire can carry Tracers bomb (if it wasn't deadly enough) and symetra turrets, iirc.

TyeZenneth

L6: Sharp Member
May 31, 2014
I would like to just point out that Hanzo's hair is damn fine.
The more of see of Overwatch's style the more I like it.
It straddles the fine line between cartoony and detailed.

Jethro

MUSty Complainer
Nov 2, 2009
Roadhog and an entire ice-cream truck.
Hey, there's actually art of this ship!

roadhog-overwatch-game-art-5k-wallpaper.jpg

TyeZenneth

L6: Sharp Member
May 31, 2014
Since when were Dreamworks making Overwatch shorts!
Since Prince of Egypt, the Overwatch short about Mei's and Pharah's tragic backstories.