Ominous TF2 Update - Apr 20th

drp

aa
Oct 25, 2007
Seriosly guys.. any more "oh noes tf2's becoming an RPG" and I might have to start banning people for not engaging their brains.

Headgear.. if you read the list of stuff eerieone posted almost all of the headgear have hemlet in their name... clearly they're not decrative but protection, logically from snipers in the upcoming update.

lets go raid 2 fort.

T

The Asylum

Seriosly guys.. any more "oh noes tf2's becoming an RPG" and I might have to start banning people for not engaging their brains.

Headgear.. if you read the list of stuff eerieone posted almost all of the headgear have hemlet in their name... clearly they're not decrative but protection, logically from snipers in the upcoming update.

So..... if I just read that right, you're saying that Valve is giving classes resistance or even possibly immunity to headshots?

Are they updating the Sniper or giving him a huge nerf?

Void

Local Man Unable To Map, Sources Say
aa
Sep 14, 2008
So basically the new helmets are like tin-foil hats for the invading Sniper update?

Aug 19, 2008
Lvl 40 Pyro Helmet

helmet.jpg

but i would be fully satisfied with this one for the spy

Viking_helmet_dlx_no_fur%5B1%5D.jpg

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
Are they updating the Sniper or giving him a huge nerf?

Given 30 seconds more thought you come to the conclusion that the sniepr will now be more deadly against players without a helmet...

Void

Local Man Unable To Map, Sources Say
aa
Sep 14, 2008
Valve should add instant-death to anyone who is riding a payload at high speeds (then is suddenly stopped for a second by an enemy) that isn't wearing a helmet. That'll teach all those delinquents.

Ida

deer
aa
Jan 6, 2008
This is interesting. The helmet thing, I mean. On the one hand, it could turn out really neat... but on the other hand, if they screw up, it might be bad. The addition of helmets has the potential to become really, really sucky. I dunno what to think, really.

T

The Asylum

Given 30 seconds more thought you come to the conclusion that the sniepr will now be more deadly against players without a helmet...

Considering that a Sniper can one-shot any class as it is alredy (And it being the Sniper's JOB to one-shot an enemy), I really don't see much point in giving classes headshot protection if the headgear thing isn't supposed to be a nerf.

Or maybe you just hate Snipers.

Phobos

L3: Member
Feb 22, 2009
I don't know what to make of the update. I'm looking forward to see the new things they're going to add. But I get more and more the impression that TF2 got reduced to Valve's testing facility for new and crazy stuff. Maybe they should add a "classic" convar that can resets the game to it's pre-class updates state, for those who don't like the new additions.

just a tidbit sth from the ubercharged page

“LoadoutSlot_Primary” ”Primary weapon”
“LoadoutSlot_Secondary” ”Secondary weapon”
“LoadoutSlot_Melee” ”Melee weapon”
“LoadoutSlot_Grenade” ”Grenade”
“LoadoutSlot_Building” ”Building”
“LoadoutSlot_pda” ”Primary PDA”
“LoadoutSlot_pda2″ ”Secondary PDA”
“LoadoutSlot_Head” ”Head”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“TF_Wearable_Headgear” ”Headgear”
“TF_Unique_Headgear_Scout” ”Batter’s Helmet”
“TF_Unique_Headgear_Sniper” ”Tooth Belt”
“TF_Unique_Headgear_Soldier” ”Soldier’s Helmet”
“TF_Unique_Headgear_Demoman” ”Fro”
“TF_Unique_Headgear_Medic” ”Medic’s Helmet”
“TF_Unique_Headgear_Pyro” ”Pyro’s Helmet”
“TF_Unique_Headgear_Heavy” ”Football Helmet”
“TF_Unique_Headgear_Engineer” ”Mining Helmet”
“TF_Unique_Headgear_Spy” ”Spy’s Helmet”

Do I really see a "grenade" entry amongst the loadout slots??? What's up with that, leftover from beta?

The helmets are almost all self explainatory, but wth does a Medic's Helmet or a Spy's Helmet look like?

A Boojum Snark

Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado
aa
Nov 2, 2007
I'm going to guess it has been, what with them even leaving all the grenade models half finished in the content. More importantly... they just add things in at the end of stuff in that file, as you can see headgear is. Grenade is in the middle of everything we have so yeah, leftover.

kwagner

L2: Junior Member
Feb 28, 2009
everybody has to calm down and take a chill pill

chill pill
What slot does this 'chill pill' take up? Do I have to give up my scatter gun? Is this just another yard of the slide into an RPG? :p

Wonder if headgear might be a protection vs baseball bonks? Maybe reduce the time spent stunned? (Or maybe just a nice accessory for an upcoming TF2/Sims crossover expansion pack? ;) )

TMP

Ancient Pyro Main
aa
Aug 11, 2008
I don't care: Since the headgear idea is released, I WANT A COWBOY HAT FOR MY PYRO :D

Mar

Banned
Feb 12, 2009
*gulp* Uh, I feel woozy.

Nevermind, I think it's great valve's expanding on TF2. Extra content can't be bad, think about it. You still have the old stuff, but you get more new stuff as well. It's not like they are taking the old stuff away.

I spent $20 on this game, and I have been playing it for almost 2 years. Valve are just adding stuff to keep it fresh.

But what if the new content isn't balanced. There 50 weapon slots, and seeing how long it takes valve to make one new weapon, there probably gonna tweak the stats for each gun, ie. shotgun v2.0 - 10% attack rate -10% reload rate +20% damae.

And stuff like that. After the scout, heavy, and +50 health BB update, I always expect the worse from valve.

Ida

deer
aa
Jan 6, 2008
The Sniper gets a tooth belt for his head?

Uh... am I missing something? Are there any kinds of tooth belts other than this? Sounds absolutely bizarre.