Odd issue. Hammer doesnt open the prop menu anymore and crashes

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
Oh. I thought you meant you had fixed it by manually restoring the file from... I dunno, some website. There are a bunch of sites that host individual DLLs, for example, for people whose computers are mysteriously missing them.

MoonFox

L10: Glamorous Member
Mar 17, 2015
Oh. I thought you meant you had fixed it by manually restoring the file from... I dunno, some website. There are a bunch of sites that host individual DLLs, for example, for people whose computers are mysteriously missing them.

eh... I just don't understand why it happened in the first place

MoonFox

Mar 17, 2015
I've basically given up, im getting a new PC here shortly. I guess if I can solve the issue
we can at least have a record on how to solve it

Vincent

&#128296 Grandmaster Lizard Wizard Jedi &#128296
aa
Sep 5, 2009
Hate to say it but I'm pretty positive this is user error. You must be doing something wrong throughout the process of reinstalling BOTH the SDK and TF2.

At this point I'd say wipe steam and reinstall it from scratch.

MoonFox

Mar 17, 2015
Hate to say it but I'm pretty positive this is user error. You must be doing something wrong throughout the process of reinstalling BOTH the SDK and TF2.

At this point I'd say wipe steam and reinstall it from scratch.

too steam powered

I cant believe all but 6 icons on my desktop were non steam based

Last edited:

MoonFox

Mar 17, 2015
aaaand
it still doesn't work... maybe now I need to reinstall sdk

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
That wouldn't cause Hammer to crash though.

Honestly, this might be something to do with your video driver or something, or a weird conflict between the video driver and a recent Windows update.

MoonFox

Mar 17, 2015
few things:
1: I do have a second monitor, which unless im streaming something I have deactivated (input monitor 1 only)
2: im using windows 7
3: I reinstalled all my drivers on steam, and reinstalled steam... no prop library...

MoonFox

Mar 17, 2015
Try keeping that monitor on while you open it? Hammer basically seems to like to pick a monitor at random on my setup when it comes to opening things.

it has power... just isn't plugged in (I keep vital chords on my compute in front where I can plug and unplug in arms reach)

MoonFox

Mar 17, 2015
well i ordered my new tower... should be here by friday