KotH Occult rc6

Made by fubarFX

1. Mikroscopic

aa Mikroscopic

Positive Ratings:
    What did you use for the water caustic effects on the rocks?

2. fubarFX

aa fubarFX The "raw" in "nodraw"

Positive Ratings:
    vmt magic, and a caustic generator

• Like Like x 1
  3. Mikroscopic

aa Mikroscopic

Positive Ratings:
    Oh so it's custom made?

4. sevin

aa sevin

Positive Ratings:
    Your soundscapes don't make much sense to me. The dripping is cool, but the predominant noise is a high-pitched wind buffeting sound, which makes no sense underground. You need much lower pitch wind, and some that doesn't sound like it gusts. The little waterfalls on either side of the point are completely silent until you get very close to them, they need to be much louder. It could also do with some machinery sounds, there are some good mining-type room tones included with TF2 that would fit nicely. Soundscapes have great potential to really sell an environment, or damage it. Right now, it feels like your physical environment and the wind sounds you have compete with each other.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Leaf_It

aa Leaf_It

Positive Ratings:
    I played this map during the Showcase Test on August 11th. I noticed a lot of players saying that the ramps around the point needed to be wider so it would be easier to get on the point. I was playing Medic, and after figuring out the rock ramps, which you can jump off of to get on the point, I have to disagree with this. I was able to run around all over the point very easily. Once I learned to time my crouch jumps, I never got caught on any of the geometry. I thought the point was really fun to play on, and around.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. LadyRaee

LadyRaee CHEERFULLY SUICIDAL

Positive Ratings:
    maybe it's time to add pictures?

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Malachite Man

Malachite Man L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    feedback stuff: koth_occult_rc50001.jpg
    The waterfall here just cut's off here and it looks unnatural.
    koth_occult_rc50002.jpg
    The logic of the waterfall and this pond makes no sense so the waterfall looks weird when you see this.
    koth_occult_rc50003.jpg
    koth_occult_rc50004.jpg
    Got a few fullbright rocks here and there. koth_occult_rc50000.jpg

Ok i can't get overthis this these trees look unnatural and i know their distant props and the polycount but it looks really ugly maybe higher the polycount by a few numbers?

Ok so i hope this feedback was useful and all around this is a cool map with a cool theme keep up the good work:)

8. fubarFX

aa fubarFX The "raw" in "nodraw"

Positive Ratings:
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Werewolf

aa Werewolf Probably not a real Werewolf

Positive Ratings:
    Just letting you know in case you didn't already, but someone has uploaded this to GameBanana - http://gamebanana.com/maps/195808

I've reported the submission, but you might want to as well.

Edit: The offending post has been removed by the GameBanana staff, carry on as usual.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2017