No_Entry Respawn Entity Clipping Behind Spawn Door

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Punished Lawbringer, Aug 2, 2018.

1. Punished Lawbringer

Punished Lawbringer L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    I currently have four of these entities in a map and they're working as intended. However, there's always one clipping behind a spawn room door no matter how many times I replace it with its counterpart. Looking from the side shows part of it, but it completely disappears the second I look directly at it.

Not sure if it's a graphical error or not, but checking the compile log holds nothing on it. Anyone know what's causing it?

2. FloofCollie

aa FloofCollie I really suck!

Positive Ratings:
    It's quite a common bug and a lot of people have reported it here, yet there doesn't seem to be a fix. It's nothing you've done wrong presumably, but try deleting and remaking the brush. Seems to be a problem with the engine.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. sz(k)opek

sz(k)opek L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Had the same problem. Try to add another No_Entry or even two where players won't see it. That's what fixed it for me.

4. Da Spud Lord

aa Da Spud Lord Occasionally I make maps

Positive Ratings:
    Yup, there's no known fix to this, this is a problem that only Valve can fix (and they haven't fixed it for years, so I wouldn't be hopeful). I've seen this on official maps even. It's not your fault.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Punished Lawbringer

Punished Lawbringer L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Yeah, this is something I'll have to check on later then. Remaking it just has the same result. Thanks for the help.