Resource icon

MVM Nebulus A7b

⁽ᴵᴰᴳ⁾CaptainRussia94

L2: Junior Member
Nov 26, 2018
Nebulous - The robots have breached the outer defenses! Time to hold the center!

Nebulous is a map that takes place in the inner confines of a nuclear reactor, the robots have made it into the very core itself! And the line must be held here.

Nebulous is an experimental map in that after I saw this one mvm map from potato's demo files (mvm_codelco_a7) that I wanted to try the idea of a gatebot map where the gate is a shortcut through the map VS a forward spawn. This map features alot of unique elements like tanks with branching paths and alot of logic triggers currently.

I would often joke around calling this map "decoy 2.0" with how small it is and how little time it would take robots to reach the hatch without opening the shortcut.

For the time being it comes with a mission (by yours truly) that shows off all the features this map currently has to offer, the mission is intermediate for the sake me feeling the default mission needs to be alot easier in a map like this.

Anyways have fun and leave feedback <3

Icons belong to their respective creators, the Christian brutal Sniper Icon is only temporary as i wanted something to stand out for the Meltdown health bar unless I'm allowed to use it fully.

⁽ᴵᴰᴳ⁾CaptainRussia94

Nov 26, 2018
I keep my change logs inside the featured mission pop file, they go as follows:

//Changelog A2

//--map changes
//fixed a glitch/naming oversight that would make burning gatebots ignore gate B after gate A is capped
//fixed chaos mode bugs with gatebots
//capping gate A opens the small side doors for small bots to go through, but giants must still take the long way
//altered tank paths, they no longer go through a gate that can't be opened lol
//Expanded and reworked the front, moved the tanks closer to the gates
//Made the map overall asemmetrical

//removed the gate, and replaced it with a stuck version that only players can jump through

//--Mission changes

//Overloading heavies are now called heavies rather than soldiers
//swapped wave 3 and wave 2
//swapped wave 4 and wave 5
//The Gatebot KGB's still have soldier gatebot hats after capping A, I left this in because I felt it was funny, deal with it :p

//Wave 2-escape plan soldiers are no longer part of a subwave and spawn slower, reduced their count. Reduced Mannmelter pyros counts, reduced KGB support heavies by 1 bot, and greatly reduced the scout mission supports
//wave 4-added another subwave (this wave was really short and likely too easy)
//Wave 5-added support burning heavies that start spawning on the 2nd subwave, increased max gatebot backups to 15
//Wave 6-added gatebot backups to the 2nd subwave
//Wave 7-made this wave "harder", added fallout jokes

Read the rest of this update entry...

⁽ᴵᴰᴳ⁾CaptainRussia94

Nov 26, 2018
//Changelog A3

//Removed left over files from vicious vices in the zip file, whoops! Also removed the nav file as it's not needed.
//Removed Chaos mode, after removing the gates it got a bit irrievent to keep and no one wants this anyways.
//Removed gate A and changed areas where they used to be, made gate B into gate A.

//Added crates to the rightside that the tank can run through and make a shortcut
//added a backarea for the leftside that robots must take until the crates are broken
//removed the jammed door, and made a new shortcut from the hatch to gate A that's out of the way of the bots, raised the ground below the drop down hatch, made the hatch doors open much faster, added a 1-way door from the hatch to this dropdown area
//seperated the left and right side of gate A with fences, to offer more cover but not block sight lines

//--Mission changes

//reworked all waves to accomidate for the fact that gatebots now cap A; all tanks have has less HP

//wave 1-has no gate bots and now uses pyros over scouts, that's pretty much it.
//wave 2-uses gatebot bat scouts as a tutorial bot to introduce the gates.
//wave 7-increased robot delay on the final subwave and cut down some bots

⁽ᴵᴰᴳ⁾CaptainRussia94

Nov 26, 2018
//Changelog A4

//Fixed nav blockers... I hope
//added a flank route bots will take when the tank passes on the left side so the bots will avoid running behind the tank
//moved the boxes on the right side further back so players have more time to bust the tank before the flank route is opened
//Left upper spawn at front has been reworked
//Tunnel spawns have been reworked, they teleport bots to the upper spawns when A is not capped
//removed fences and replaced them with rails
//Fixed the fog problem, it now works as planned

//--Mission changes

//Wave 1-added wrap assassin support
//Wave 2-Reduced escape plans, added pain train demos as the support gatebots
//Wave 4-added Pisons and reduced demomen total count and max active, added wrap assassin support
//wave 5-removed jumping sandmans, added a BB Blackbox giant to the start as he's the only bomb bot in the first subwave, replaced first subwave GRU heavies with pain train demoknights, added Pisons
//Wave 6-Giant spy mission support scouts are now gatebots insteads
//Wave 7-completely reworked

⁽ᴵᴰᴳ⁾CaptainRussia94

Nov 26, 2018
//Changelog A4B/A5

//Added some cosmetic things to the map
//moved the boss's weapons behind a protective wall so the players can't destroy them before the wave starts
//moved the spies to wave 3 and wave 7

//Wave 3-altered the wave to make it harder, broke into 2.5 subwaves, the first subwave melee heavies have uber medics, bumped up the 2nd subwave direct hits to 6 from 4, added giant scouts to start of the 2nd subwave
//Wave 5-Pain train demoknights are now properly part of the first subwave, and are required to be killed for the 2nd subwave to start

⁽ᴵᴰᴳ⁾CaptainRussia94

Nov 26, 2018
//Changelog A6

//Map underwent a name change, forget to mention that previously!
//added tutorial tidbit that triggers once during or after wave 2 that explains what losing A causes when you lose A
//Tried to fix the Nav, again
//added more ammo and health packs to the front, changed some others into larger forms
//fixed floating tanks, hopefully
//Added exit signs and upgrade signs where needed
//added info_observer_point's, this is my first map to ever have them, yay!
//added a few other extra features, such as relay_panicbutton to recreate potato's panic feature, but doesn't kill the meltdown bot
//added some more decorations and lights and started preparing to move the map into Beta!

//--Mission changes

//removed tank speeds
//Updated Icons

//Bonk Scouts have been given a sandman and a new icon to reflect that
//Swapped the engie support all waves a bit

//Wave 1-Wrap Assassin Scout supports respawn very fast now, doubled the pyros in the first subwave
//Wave 2-Gave Bison giants a squad, made escape plans spawn more often, reverted melee scouts back to GRUs and reduced their numbers by 1
//Wave 3-Fixed medics having only 1 HP, added giant armored sandman scouts to the end, also altered a few bots, doubled the giant soldier count. Added knockback rage heavies and removed a good chunk of melee heavies, replaced the spies with stealthy bisons, Tank HP lowered to 20000
//Wave 4-Doubled gatebot heavies, reduced demomen and pison soldiers a bit, replaced wrap scouts with razorback snipers, altered soldiers reduced max active added a bit more, reworked the engineers and changed the snipers into knockback heavies (with increased respawn times of 35 seconds)
//Replaced the pison with my grapple Scouts
//Wave 5-giant heavy gets a giant medic (no uber), direct hit soldiers replaced with enforcer spies (this mission also has too many soldiers), and then I added cow mang support for this final subwave to contest the point even more, giant support has 40 second respawn times (VS 30)
//Wave 6-Added giant deflector heavies to the first subwave, and reduced bots as well (limit was being hit),reduced conchs and added giant medics to the pyros, changed gatebot soldiers to rocket shotguns (non gatebot)

⁽ᴵᴰᴳ⁾CaptainRussia94

Nov 26, 2018
//Changelog A7

//Added railing for the right upper spawn so only giants can shoot over it and removed the pillar
//Added large health pack to the chokepoint near the rear of the map
//changed small packs at the gate into medium ones, and moved them down so they have a bit of cover
//moved rear left engie nest's teleporter to be in the important looking crate room
//removed 1 way door at the front, replaced it with an opening doorway and also lowed the trigger for the hatch above so demos and soldiers can easily rocket jump back in
//Added a small windows across from the above, with a small ledge for 2 small health and ammo packs
//added some props the spawn room
//Fixed relay_panicbutton, For real this time, honest
//The Boss now only loses 3000 HP to all dispensers when entering phase 2 VS all of them exploding, dispenser HP increased to 5000

//--Mission changes

//added missing sandman bonk icon
//moved swapped waves 3-4 with 5-6
//Knockback Heavy's skill reduced to Normal, Also gave them the Nastasha to make them a bit weaker as they already stop you from moving
//The boss has a razorback and Jarate backstabber attributes

//Wave 3-Fixed HoK heavies as I just now realized these are massively flawed in the offical code
//Wave 4-Some mini engies will spawn at the upper right spawn on subwave 1, so they all don't get bunched up center