Mysterious TF2 stuffs.

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
With the older crates no longer dropping, they are apparently increasing in value.

Yea, although i jest about the crates, apparently the series 1-3/5 crates are worth at least a hat. Such is the seriousness of the TF2 economy.

I can kind of see why, although i've been offered a hat at times, i like the look of some of the stuff i can potentially get out of an original series crate. Not that i'll open one, i do not think. But i'm wondering what i might be able to get from one even further down the line.

Last edited:

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
Yea, although i jest about the crates, apparently the series 1-3/5 crates are worth at least a hat. Such is the seriousness of the TF2 economy.

Wow, really? Clearly I'm looking in the wrong places. Any idea where to find these suckers outside of trolling SPUF? I found a few promising offers on TF2 Trading Post just now, but nothing like you're describing.

Last edited:

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
You just gotta find someone who wants one and they'll give you an offer; the weapons are actually not too common for those series which i'm guessing is what has driven up the value. Although the value has fluctuated as new crafting recipe's get added and certain non-craftable weapons become craftable. Usually it'll either be a really old TF2 player or really new TF2 player. That said, since the "Strange" weapons went live i'm not sure how much the value of those crates decreased as the original crates still don't unlock strange weapons, only the newer ones.

I've traded my series 1 crate for a hat months ago and i've had people offer up 5 weapons for a series 3. I havn't accepted that though as i don't own any of those weapons it unlocks myself and i'm still um'ing and ah'ing about whether i'll get a key, as if i do, it'll be to use on that crate.

Last edited:

Pocket

aa
Nov 14, 2009
This is going to end up being phenomenally anticlimactic, mark my words.

Urban

aa
Jul 27, 2009
Then we will be pleasantly surprised.

Pocket

aa
Nov 14, 2009
That's not how you spell "pleasantly surprised."