Muse

DJive

Cake or Death?
aa
Dec 20, 2007
Some major changes today.

Intel area was redone a bit to allow another path frmo the basement up and under the intel *second screenshot*

Added a second spawn in the side room.
and the whole.. basement has been redone.

2pr5kt3.jpg

Hellfire

L9: Fashionable Member
Jul 9, 2008
oh shiny. waiting for a playtest

DJive

Cake or Death?
aa
Dec 20, 2007
Hopefully ill have it on next weekends.. or Wednesday.

While i have no download available, I've been hard at work.

• Completely redid / changed the basement
  • changed the intel area and added another way up.. under it =)
  • Looked at the left side and changed it
  • Added a second spawn for each team

Also i've been working on doing some of my own custom work this time!.. mostly so far just the skybox.. I'm going to work on overlays next.

Screenshots!!

elh6t.jpg

35n52ef.jpg

14w8yo4.jpg

rwqq86.jpg

xm4taq.jpg

o9mw4y.jpg

Thanks for your interest =)

Terr

Cranky Coder
aa
Jul 31, 2009
The gothic arch/train-truss/rafters bring back more of that doom/quake feel.

DJive

Cake or Death?
aa
Dec 20, 2007
The gothic arch/train-truss/rafters bring back more of that doom/quake feel.

Heh ya, i plan to have some, *not all things have a old school quake element to it =)

*it IS a tf2 map with some quake feel to it, not the other way around.

DJive

Cake or Death?
aa
Dec 20, 2007

Terr

Cranky Coder
aa
Jul 31, 2009
Damn. Wrong keyboard shortcut, spah sapped mah post.

The map now feels a lot less agoraphobic, if still a bit twisty. (Texturing will probably aid navigation.) I was able to FAN-jump pretty much everywhere it seemed I should.

I've got some screenshots, although I know the answer to some of them might be: "That'll change when I detail the area" or "compiling with better quality settings will fix it".

Weird lighting with stairs, the nostalgia-inducing sign can be stood upon.

Maybe just my computer, but some walls just seem really blotchy.

Compilation settings will probably take care of this automatically later on, but I've been having some trouble of my own in areas with this guy. (Which may or may not be the prop's fault.)

I think this should be the opposite color of the team's base, since these signs are (like in Hydro) usually used to show the team of the same color where to go to find the battle.

The sign says "battlements" but leads to a resupply room. The green texture would be really cool with animation or a water-shader-esque movement to it. (Green light? In a TF2 map? What will Psy or Void think? :p)

Top step much brighter.

"My god, it's full of stars!" Rafter seems a bit unsupported.

Maybe it's my computer, or the patterned textures, but in some spots I just see a lot of blotchiness.

"Admit it! You don't even love my intel anymore, you've been seeing another base, haven't you!"

Chaopsychochick

L4: Comfortable Member
Jun 16, 2009
Hey DJive, just ran around a bit and wanted to share thoughts.

From the spawn going up to the intel, I got a bit confused. At the stairs, I felt like I should be going left and ran into a wall instead of immediately going around that barrier right there. I think some signage would help that immensely.
museSS1.JPG

I love the aurora type effect you have started with the skybox, though the one bit looks a bit lonely in the sky.

The TF2Map.net sign in there is frakking awesome! I love it!

I like what you did with the cap point, the little raise around there makes it feel much more natural.

I also like what you did with that side area by the intel.
museSS3.JPG

Bottom of your ramp is a bit off.
museSS2.JPG

I'm liking what you are doing with it! ^^

DJive

Cake or Death?
aa
Dec 20, 2007
Any lighting or brushwork issues will be fixed as i go on.

Seriously? ty for the face palms Terr =p

Also i did not know about the sign colors so ty for that.

And the other thing is me and Chaopsychochick had a debate about the signage for a respawn room on if its "battlement" or "resupply" ....

I lost =(

Slime movement will come in time.

Last edited:

Radaka

L420: High Member
May 24, 2009
One of the most fun ctf maps I've played :) Felt a bit too big though (mostly hallways are too wide). I especially like the intel areas and the middle battlefield; they fit the theme perfectly. I will be looking forward to playing future versions of this map!

DJive

Cake or Death?
aa
Dec 20, 2007
Thanks Radaka =)

I uploaded a newer version a5b, Its the same for those who played today, however those who didn't its a lot of fixes Terr and CCC mentioned.

DJive

Cake or Death?
aa
Dec 20, 2007
4th page bump/ gameday sunday bump.

Anyfeedback from gameday?

I'm out of town till tomorrow night so cant watch the demo, plus would rather threadfeedback.

DJive

Cake or Death?
aa
Dec 20, 2007
OK feedback from Sundays gameday.

1. Big Moon (YM)
  2. Player clip the stairs
  3. more light! (Matt)
  4. Pillar spikey is silly
  5. no sniper spots
  6. skybox too low
  7. to much HP (Matt)
  8. not enough ammo
  9. Signs? maybe?
To answer..

1. Moon size is exact same as nightsky_03. I haven't gotten very far on editing/making a skybox =p

2. All player stairs above 3 steps were player clipped.. Laziness on the stairs that were only 3 steps. This will be fixed next build.

3. Hmm were was it dark for you?

4. D: :crying: .. just.. :( :crying:

5. There is some for snipers and more for huntsman snipers. More so for huntsman.

6. Will be fixed next build.

7. I suck at item placement, will work on this next build.

8. I suck at item placement, will work on this next build.

9. Signs i felt were pretty good, where was there a lack of direction i could look at?

So far with the 2 gamedays there hasn't been much feedback on the LAYOUT of the map.. hallways a little to big but in general it feels like most people are happy with the layout.

I will be changing the middle area's building though, it was used about 80% of the time only by the flag carrier =p

Thanks as always all, PLEASE do leave some feedback in the thread i can work with.

EDIT: And the funniest thing i saw during the gameday video was Shmitz getting pissed at Super =p

Last edited:

DJive

Cake or Death?
aa
Dec 20, 2007
Away for my normal weekends =(

Ill be back Monday.

Some work i did today on the right side for Alpha 6.

ajxsae.jpg

2hnni4j.jpg

2ldvalv.jpg

This actually is larger/wider then the previous area however being its detailed will help cut down that feel.

Monday ill most likely stater doing the rock side passage and middle some.

DJive

Cake or Death?
aa
Dec 20, 2007
Before it falls off the face of the earth some more progress shots I've been toying with.

first some updated lighting.

1zdye1d.jpg

Second i redid the side corner room. I'm hoping it will play out a bit better now.

fliion.jpg

Waif

L7: Fancy Member
Mar 22, 2009
Really impressed by your brushwork and geometry- just try and keep it fitting the tf2 feeling :)

EDIT; Also the textures on the displacement cliffs in pic 2 aren't alligned properly, might want to fix that.

Last edited: