Muse

DJive

Cake or Death?
aa
Dec 20, 2007
Working on side area ramp down.

1ok5xu.jpg

I'm sorry...does that say 'Spawn' on the floor?

Yes, its the same exact layout posted on first page turned into a texture.

Hey, that's a neat way to block out a map

Ha, did i get the idea from you? I remember seeing a member do this and thought it was a GREAT idea. I must say after doing it.. it is, my scale is off but for a rough alpha it makes it fast and easy to do.

DJive

Cake or Death?
aa
Dec 20, 2007
I've done a fair bit since my last post here. Mostly those in our Steam Chat room got to see all the screenshots and helped me out with the smaller play testings.

Anyways, update with some screenies first!

iddlpu.jpg

33vem8n.jpg

2llbof9.jpg

mvgrrd.jpg

157kbc1.jpg

Now the bad news..

The *bleeping* map crashes on Server. It works fine locally, I've had a few people test it without crashes. Once on a server it does crash.

No errors in Compile, no errors in the map, all entities are connected.

/hair ripped out.

I'll most likely have to rebuild it

Terr

Cranky Coder
aa
Jul 31, 2009
What happens if you run a version where the entire map is cordoned?

If it still crashes, maybe you can narrow down the problem-area (e.g. just one magically bad brush or prop) that way.

And if it doesn't crash, maybe copy-pasting everything in the cordon zone to a new file might let you avoid substantial rework.

Last edited:

DJive

Cake or Death?
aa
Dec 20, 2007
What happens if you run a version where the entire map is cordoned?

If it still crashes, maybe you can narrow down the problem-area (e.g. just one magically bad brush or prop) that way.

And if it doesn't crash, maybe copy-pasting everything in the cordon zone to a new file might let you avoid substantial rework.

Tried the cordon route.. no luck =/

I did one step for ya, now your taking the next step. So this would be the dueling keeps TF2ed. Looks great, I cant wait to play. Moon theme will be great.

Heh, kinda-ish. The only part i really took from Dueling keeps was the intel area, i just loved it.

Don

L2: Junior Member
Jun 3, 2009
I'd like to see a picture of the basement ''overview''.. If it's possible!

But since the last update with teams delemitation, your map look extremly awesome, I want the download rite nao!

DJive

Cake or Death?
aa
Dec 20, 2007

Don

L2: Junior Member
Jun 3, 2009
Oh, it's perfect, gives me a global idea of what it's going to look!

Very nice, I just can't wait to see the detailed version, it's gonna be sooo amazing, moon detailing! I,m allready in love with the layout, what could I ask more! :O

Terr

Cranky Coder
aa
Jul 31, 2009
I'm just grasping at straws here:
  • Export everything as a prefab and import it into a new project?
  • Select everything and use snap-to-grid-individually?
  • Take a magnifying glass to the MDMP (if any) from the server crash.
  • See if it stops breaking when detail+props+entity visgroups are disabled?

DJive

Cake or Death?
aa
Dec 20, 2007
Alright then i narrowed down and found my problem.

The TF2Maps.NET US server was having problems.

I hosted this map and did some tests today with

Chaopsychicky, Tom Cruise, Rav and Owl so thanks to them!

But no errors happened.

Soo... Uploading map for alpha 1 testing.

------
Download
------

DJive

Cake or Death?
aa
Dec 20, 2007
Small update to _a4.

displacement smoothing.
Side alternate route
no more map in a box.

---
DOWNLOAD

---

What I REALLY REALLY need is for a server admin to put this up on their server.

I'm having trouble with locating a problem i cant seem to get a hold of about a sudden crash. On the US/EU Tf2Maps.net server this map crashes them within 1 minute... however running a local server with people joining i've had no trouble what so ever.

So if you are a server Op and can put this map on and get 2-8 people to be in there for over 2 minutes please let me know i'll love ya forever.

Inqwel

L6: Sharp Member
Jun 2, 2008
I had a look about the areas of the map, haven't had a test myself. My only concerns at the moment are scale. It comes off as a rather long distance for the map, that shows no pity for the heavy to run up to get the main battlefield from the basement. Even then, space also the issue in this spawn basement. There's a lot of area down there that doesn't feel needed as it should.

Again, haven't played with teams, only a walk-thru.

Tentor

L1: Registered
Nov 28, 2008
Wow, Muse. Such a very creative name.

Your map looks very groovy and I plan on checking it out. It does look like the walls are pretty high.

Shaar

L3: Junior Member<BR>toboruin
Aug 7, 2008
Alright then i narrowed down and found my problem.

The TF2Maps.NET US server was having problems.

I hosted this map and did some tests today with

Chaopsychicky, Tom Cruise, Rav and Owl so thanks to them!

But no errors happened.

Soo... Uploading map for alpha 1 testing.

------
Download
------

when you did the small test, were any of you playing as demoman, or, a scout with the sand man? If there wern't any of them, then I may know the problem. when I get home I'll check it out when I get home, hopefully I'll be able to tell you what the problem is =)

DJive

Cake or Death?
aa
Dec 20, 2007
when you did the small test, were any of you playing as demoman, or, a scout with the sand man? If there wern't any of them, then I may know the problem. when I get home I'll check it out when I get home, hopefully I'll be able to tell you what the problem is =)

I was a scout with the sandman however i didn't use it.

The crashes came regardless of the classes present though =( I've had it crash with 2 people and ive had it crash with 8.

DJive

Cake or Death?
aa
Dec 20, 2007
worked on the side room for a tinybit, im a progress person so i love flooding screenshots.

2pz029f.jpg

The lights are there for a quick example, they will look MUCH better towards alpha 5.

Im still REALLY looking for someone to throw this on a server to see if it crashes. Please let me know if its a windows server or a linux.

Shaar

L3: Junior Member<BR>toboruin
Aug 7, 2008
I was a scout with the sandman however i didn't use it.

The crashes came regardless of the classes present though =( I've had it crash with 2 people and ive had it crash with 8.

Ahh D: because I was gonna suggest that it could be a problem with any displacements being too close to an area above, and when ever an arcing weapon is fired there it crashes - because we had that problem twice in our map