Mesaworks

PL Mesaworks Final

Flower_Shop_Guy

♪ -- ♫ -- ♪
aa
Mar 10, 2015
Looks awesome! A word of advice though, when taking screenshots, first go to Spectator mode, enable sv_cheats and disable cl_drawhud, so you don't have the view models or HUD on display.
Thanks, I know about bullshots & screenshots making, I'm just lazy and so busy right now. :) Also, I planning to make 4K wallpapers rendered in SFM.

Last edited:

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
Clever, but you left out sv_cheats, which you should probably throw in to make it a literal one step process.

Flower_Shop_Guy

♪ -- ♫ -- ♪
aa
Mar 10, 2015
The magor update is here. The "Eclipse" is in beta stage now!

(As again, I do apologize for my bad English, as I've written before, it's not my native language).

Finally, I have finished transfer map from the alpha state. The process was very long and very time consuming, but I overcame it.
And so, new screenshots and a changelog.

b1: 29-09-2015 (88 build):

- Full completion and processing of gameplay;
- Brand new gameplay on the penultimate (C - point) and last (D - point);
- Added the 4th blue respawn;
- Removed all unnecessary flank points;
- Change the number and location of ammunition and health kits;
- New skybox texture;
- Fixed reflection (LDR & HDR);
- Full details and redesign the whole thing can be;
- Changed algorithm of respawns, now red team players are teleported to another spawn, not killed;
- Added soundscapes;
- Added 3D Skybox;
- Added 31 custom models;
- Better clipping
- Removed ~ 20% of the area is also reduced by the distance from point b to point c.
- Some other fixes and changes.

Known issues:
Although the full optimization, FPS at ~10-15% less than on detailed and large Valve maps.

Also, map have a 1537 entities (1518 edicts).

Dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4p7vugkldza1xvb/pl_eclipse_b1.rar?dl=0

pHCwh5s.jpg

zdb7YpQ.jpg

q1gJBTy.jpg

i6nu4aQ.jpg

IIcODC7.jpg

3iTYRpO.jpg

PjHOB7a.jpg

kG9ICpj.jpg

jnzViCJ.jpg

fOb1hiz.jpg

vRhhkS6.jpg

nS4bSpc.jpg

ktYW5sp.jpg

b6mmAK4.jpg

tyKglXS.jpg

J4dRYj2.jpg

cqCXFGQ.jpg

7gHhWkc.jpg

P5SRcoq.jpg

50GUbo5.jpg

Read the rest of this update entry...

Last edited:

Exactol

Certified Hammer Hacker
aa
Jul 11, 2013
The map looks great, but there's something off about that eclipse. Perhaps making the map darker, because a full eclipse would block out most if not all sunlight

Flower_Shop_Guy

♪ -- ♫ -- ♪
aa
Mar 10, 2015
The map looks great, but there's something off about that eclipse. Perhaps making the map darker, because a full eclipse would block out most if not all sunlight
The map getting darker when blue team captured last point. Also the eclipse disk is dynamic, it moves after each capture by blue team.
ii6rmyT.jpg

5h4eAlm.jpg

Zed

Certified Most Crunk™
aa
Aug 7, 2014
The download button still leads to a4.

Flower_Shop_Guy

♪ -- ♫ -- ♪
aa
Mar 10, 2015
Last edited:

tyler

aa
Sep 11, 2013
Yes, but you also need to change the version number on your Download page.

agbtoAR.png

I see lots of people forget to do this and have the same problem.

Flower_Shop_Guy

♪ -- ♫ -- ♪
aa
Mar 10, 2015
Yes, but you also need to change the version number on your Download page.

agbtoAR.png

I see lots of people forget to do this and have the same problem.
Seems I'm understand what it was, "b1" signature was attached to the old version, so update file does not change anything. Спасибо! (russian - "thanks").

tyler

aa
Sep 11, 2013
Yes, for some reason it isn't automatic and doesn't really do a great job of saying what the problem is. Glad it worked.

JumpMain

L1: Registered
Sep 30, 2015
eQRbMHN.png

Welcome to the Eclipse!

"Eclipse" - is a large single-stage Payload map with a varied style and gameplay, themes set in the industrial desert of the 20th century, consisting of 4 points.

Plot:
Reds have a huge range of supply of electricity of the leading red working on nuclear and solar energy. Blue course, this advantage does not like... (well, because they do not have such a cool powerstation!) And they decide to destroy it. If this happens, the red team go is very bad, because they can not save even solar energy, because eclipse is coming! ;)

(I do apologize for my bad English, as I've written before, it's not my native language)

lCHusBN.jpg

Dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4p7vugkldza1xvb/pl_eclipse_b1.rar?dl=0
Gamebanana: http://tf2.gamebanana.com/maps/187522

Am going to test it as soon as I can!

Hyperion

L16: Grid Member
aa
Jun 8, 2015
Repack your map. I tried it and now it is only 43mb (instead of 107mb)

worMatty

Repacking Evangelist
aa
Jul 22, 2014
Hello, FSG.

Your map is 107MB uncompressed. When in a BZ2, it is compressed to 49MB, which is better for download speed. But did you know that by repacking your map, you could reduce its file size to 43MB? That would be 43MB compressed, using repacking in place of BZ2, and also the file size when the map is downloaded and stored on a client's system. Repacked maps are never decompressed after download, so when a map is repacked it saves the client a surprising amount of disk space.

Learn about repacking here.

Please repack your future versions as I am running out of disk space! :)