Model Matze's Base Enhancement Set

Fearlezz

L10: Glamorous Member
May 4, 2008
DasMatze I remmember you. You created pl_switch back at FPSB a year or two back right? Man that was a awesome map, too bad you abadonded it. I tried to get it going few months later, but failed :/

Malcolm

L3: Member
Jul 10, 2008
Wouldn't 256x256 fit? If I run out of ideas/skill I'll create it for you.
As soon as you release the models, I will have a look at them... maybe those missing 60u cannot be seen. But I have to try first.

Is there already a cp or koth_fortknox? These stacks of gold are inspirating me :D

DasMatze

L2: Junior Member
May 17, 2008
DasMatze I remmember you. You created pl_switch back at FPSB a year or two back right?
Yes. When I took a look at it a few months later I noticed that I was building on a 1-unit grid. :O :blushing:

As soon as you release the models, I will have a look at them
I attached the fan for you. Just for testing purpose, it's not finished!

Is there already a cp or koth_fortknox? These stacks of gold are inspirating me :D
When I saw the finished gold stack I got an idea for a new gamemode: Multi-CTF! Every team has got like 32 of such gold bars in their treasure room(s) and they have to steal them like a briefcase. This could be like CTF (two teams trying to get as much as they can) or like payload maps (one team attacks, the other defends).

I will animate the fan for you if you can export an obj or 3ds file (I don't know what sketchup can export).
SketchUp has a bad 3ds exporter. I don't think the model will be exported as it should. The smoothing information will get lost, that's for sure. I managed to simply animate it by myself in XSI mod tool but I need to register it to export SMDs. The website gave me an error. I will try it again later.

The new skins:
rmul5D7I.jpg

DasMatze

Last edited:

A Boojum Snark

Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado
aa
Nov 2, 2007
Erm.... I meant just the crosshair logo thing. Not the whole "TEAM FORTRESS 2" logo. That's weird because the name of the game doesn't belong inside the game.
I'd also suggest making the logos not as dark. It's just stamped metal, it's not painted or colorized, and the way you have it is a little odd.

http://www.namcworldwide.com/gold/gold bar.jpg
http://thebsreport.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/gold-bars1.jpg

edit: looks like you are using the embossing feature in photoshop or something of the sort. Perhaps turning the fill opacity to zero so only the effects show up would work.

Psy

The Imp Queen
aa
Apr 9, 2008
Nice models but the logo model is far too low poly.

Malcolm

Jul 10, 2008
As far as I can tell, the fan(-base) has a size of approx. 160u. I'm quite surprised as this doesn't match with your announced sizes of the fan very well.

DasMatze

May 17, 2008
Ok, new logos without fill, got it.

Nice models but the logo model is far too low poly.
I expected that. It's because I only modeled for RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 before, where 500 polygons are way too much. :D I'll redo it so that I will get rid of the stretched pixels as well.

As far as I can tell, the fan(-base) has a size of approx. 160u. I'm quite surprised as this doesn't match with your announced sizes of the fan very well.
Oh, I'm really sorry. :blushing: I accidently thought of the wrong sizes and uploaded the small fan. I attached the big one (256x256) this time.

DasMatze

Last edited:

Terr

Cranky Coder
aa
Jul 31, 2009
I'd settle for illegible serial numbers on the bars, myself... <shrug>

DasMatze

May 17, 2008
The (hopefully) final Goldbar logos, the new logo and the new logo cover:

I haven't found the page to register XSI mod tool yet. So I probably won't be able to animate it. But I keep searching for that page.

Owlruler

L12: Fabulous Member
Dec 10, 2008
Forget those, I want the door. :p

Malcolm

Jul 10, 2008
I've tested the giant fan - it fits perfectly by the way. But the fan itself is just too reflective (i have a 256x256-Cubemap next to it because the area is supposed to be shiny, but so it looks like a fan made of mirrorglass ^^). I think there some places where a reflective fan may fit, but could you also create a skin with a less reflective spec-map?

DasMatze

May 17, 2008
The cubemaps still won't work like they did before when I try to get them right.

I wanted to show you when it's done but that will take some more time so I'll show you now where I am working at:

There's obviously a female person beneath the blanket (?). When I have found a good foot texture, it'll get painted nails and a label with "Pyro" written on it to keep the rumors alive. ;)

To-Do-list:
- add details and textures to these models
- find out what these objects are called
- lower the reflection
- redo the door (I tried to put scratches on it but it looks awful. I also created skins with the team logo on the door but it doesn't work for some reason)

DasMatze

Last edited: