Maple Ridge

KotH Maple Ridge RC2

• This map is featured! Our best maps, all together in one place for your viewing pleasure.

EArkham

Necromancer
aa
Aug 14, 2009
B4:
tsckKFE.jpg

DR1u36b.jpg

pBHeuO6.jpg

QshgsmR.jpg

Pt7kbYK.jpg

C229X9j.jpg

Definitely shaping up very nicely. Also, quoted, just to get your new images on the next page.

Berry

resident homo
aa
Dec 27, 2012
b6
- colour correction
- lighting tweaks
- minor detail changes
- changed lightglows on lighting
- fixed issue of construction pack not being properly packed into bsp

-- theo

b5
- changed signs to create a more consistent theme
- occluders and optimization
- added more lighting to interiors of the buffer buildings
- changed road texture
- changed detail in out-of-bounds area and 3d skybox

-- theo

Zed

Certified Most Crunk™
aa
Aug 7, 2014
Can we get an updated download link?

Zed

Certified Most Crunk™
aa
Aug 7, 2014
So just looking around the map, I found a few visual inconsistencies.

http://imgur.com/a/ZIwFo

Not pictured: I don't think the respawn lockers are properly mirrored.

There's also some small differences between both sides of the map in regards to clipping (mostly with props)

Berry

resident homo
aa
Dec 27, 2012
Update on this.

I will be releasing koth_maple_ridge_rc1 on February 29th.

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2014
So I guess that means we'll never get the RC version of this map.

I got a chance to play one of the earlier versions of this map and thought it looked really nice visually. I can't remember much about how it played though.

Berry

resident homo
aa
Dec 27, 2012
So I guess that means we'll never get the RC version of this map.

I got a chance to play one of the earlier versions of this map and thought it looked really nice visually. I can't remember much about how it played though.

I'm only joking, I'll get round to it when I do. But first thing as far as finishing maps is Amaranth, followed by Mudwater, followed by this.

TheoF114

L1: Registered
Sep 10, 2013
As an actual real update on Maple Ridge:
I am still working on it, although admittedly slowly due to other restraints on my time. That being said, the current version is, in my opinion, fairly close to release ready. Thanks for putting up with the wait.

Berry

resident homo
aa
Dec 27, 2012
As an actual real update on Maple Ridge:
I am still working on it, although admittedly slowly due to other restraints on my time. That being said, the current version is, in my opinion, fairly close to release ready. Thanks for putting up with the wait.

You're not online often so I'll tell you here, there's a pretty big clipping issue that was brought to my attention in the map which I think should definitely be solved.

Berry

resident homo
aa
Dec 27, 2012
Cross-post from CP Kombu's thread:
Edit:
We are also looking for a modeler to make some new autumnal trees for both KotH Maple Ridge and CP Kombu. Should we use your model you'd also be credited in both maps and you will have the choice for your model to be included in the Autumnal Pack (which I swear I have plans to do more on) and if either map were to go in-game you would of course get cuts. Contact me on Steam if you have any interest.

Yirktos

L1: Registered
Jun 7, 2015
Hi, I played on this map on a pubic server. Me and at least one other player found the spawn room to be disorientating. I feel that moving from a fresh spawn into the map would flow a bit better if the spawn rooms were shaped a bit differently. More like a T or Y.

crude drawing:
spawn%20suggestion.PNG

Last edited:

Zed

Certified Most Crunk™
aa
Aug 7, 2014
Images don't work in spoilers.

Berry

resident homo
aa
Dec 27, 2012
Oh, really? It worked in the preview, and I didn't want to take up a giant space with the image.

Here, I'll just link it.

That is a good point, however to save time messing with detail, half of the spawns could simply be facing one direction while the other half facing the other.

Berry

resident homo
aa
Dec 27, 2012
B7 - July 3rd 2015
- Complete redesign of out-of-bounds area
- Fixed broken clipping
- Redesign of skybox
- Minor changes to lightmaps
- Other minor detail changes
- Optimization changes

-- Theo