Status
Not open for further replies.

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
...the other threads are stickied right next to this one. >_>

But they arn't unlocked yet.

It's getting a bit much that i had to wait a week to manage to finally get a slot to test my cp map. Then it doesn't even get tested. I've waited another 2 weeks to try and patiently get a slot, but i go to sleep and the thread gets opened, i wake up and it's full of submissions. Even the E.U. server fills up with U.S. submissions before most of 'us' get the chance to book a slot.

I wouldn't normally complain but it's been a month and my map wasn't played when it was submitted and i havn't been able to get a slot in the following 9 gamedays, and i could swear i've seen some double bookings in the meantime.

Owlruler

L12: Fabulous Member
Dec 10, 2008
what happened? I waited a bit, hoping that the demos would show up, but they didnt.

Somewhere durign the time my map was being played (photofinish, the third-last), I lost connection to the server and couldnt reconnect.

Please tell me it wasnt my map that crashed the server.

No, it was the soldier medals.

Chaopsychochick

L4: Comfortable Member
Jun 16, 2009
So, what exactly happened, I was unable to make it to the map testing due to a in person interview. Did the last couple including my map not get tested? I noticed only a couple of demo's were uploaded

A Boojum Snark

Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado
aa
Nov 2, 2007
Rest of the demos going up now, my upload was being a bother yesterday so I stopped.

grazr: I realize that the submission system is less than optimal, but I also don't really know what would be better. All the threads opening at once wasn't much better, they all filled up right away anyway.
I picked this time to open the threads because it's morning for US and afternoon for EU thinking that's the option that keep it accessible to both.

I've tried to think of other alternatives but none of them seem very good. A queue/rollover type thing wouldn't always put maps when the author can attend them. I'm always open to suggestions on how we can improve this system, but I'm afraid we're just getting too big/busy for much of anything to work well.

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
I understand, things are more busy then usual due to the competition. But it just seems the same people and same maps keep getting slots and i'm left swallowing my frustration each time, a month down the line, for an a1; whilst a12-15's get played week after week.

Hopefully my map will get played on Saturday, now that i've managed to secure a slot early.

Status
Not open for further replies.