Map Test Gameday Jan 3 2009

Dox

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Oct 26, 2007
Ok got the schedule up so far, one more 30 minute slot left. let me know if anyone has any problems so I can correct them before gameday.

Also really looking forward to the fact Ill actually be at this one :)

AWESOME-O

L10: Glamorous Member
Mar 20, 2008
If noone takes the last slot i'd like to reserve it for my map, because i probably will tommorow or 2 days from now have a alpha.
But if someone else wants it he's free to have it :)

map: cp_boat_race_a1
author: awesome-o
Download link: coming soon
Discussion link: coming soon

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
Since we've only got 10 maps so far and only 2 (from what I can see) have taken 20 minute slots, why not carve up a few of those 20 minute slots and allocate them as 30 minutes? I'll compile halfacre tonight and have that posted tomorrow but 20 minutes is a bit short for it..

Dox

Oct 26, 2007
We already have 4 (with #5 up for grabs and going to get grabbed soon) 30 minute slots and 2 40 minute slots taken. that alone is going to be 3h 50m. Add in the 3 20 minute slots and our gameday is already going to be 4 hours and 50 minutes long. I would rather not add more time to it than necessary so I'm going to keep the slot caps where they are.

I know halfacre is big and needs time to fine tune, but you already took up one of the 40m slots with hoodoo, and I don't want to stretch the gameday out too far.

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
Well more time is going to be added by halfacre regardless, the question is wether its 20 minutes or 30 minutes added. What I was suggesting was that since the 20 minute slots arent so popular changing a few of them for just one 30 minute slot.
Nevertheless I'm compiling halfacre as I type and I'll have the link up in the coming hours and will ask for the earliest, longest slot you can offer.

Ezekel

L11: Posh Member
Dec 16, 2008
may i add my payload map pl_reservoir to the list?
if there's still room that is

it's not done quite yet, so no link. but my plan is to finish it off before the new year

Last edited:

Dox

Oct 26, 2007
If you have not yet noticed, the time the gameday now ends is 7:10.... ten minutes PAST the 5 hour limit....may god help us all.

But on a serious note:
Ive decided that having a limit on slots only forces mappers to rush through their work, causing more problems.
I was imagining with horrors the errors that may be in the new version of halfacre caused by a beleaguered Youme subjected to an inhumane race pitting mapper verses mapper for the last full length slot.

Ill try just making the gameday longer and see how that works out for us. if there is a noticable dropoff in players towards the end of the gameday Ill put slots back in effect. I know ill personally be burnt out is there is a 7 hour gameday... but once the normal weekly schedule resumes hopefully there will not be such a full roster.

Last edited:

Dox

Oct 26, 2007
yes, we have plenty of slots available, now, just get those maps finished!

Icarus

aa
Sep 10, 2008
Detailing of pl_waste is nearing completion, but I can compile it right away as it is still fully functioning.
My work schedule is very tight for Saturdays, I am lucky to even be able to have the first hours to myself this week. I would like to alpha test it one final time before I release the beta.

Would it be possible to slip in a 30 minute slot between 2:00 and 3:30?

Last edited:

Zeewier

L9: Fashionable Member
Sep 20, 2008
Uploaded latest version of Deepwater (still deepwater). But I have time for some changes today so I think I will upload a newer one ^^ (before 4:00 pm est :p)

Can I please get an little earlier slot because this time is 11:50 - 0:20 (it has changed :( ) in The Netherlands :/ preferably a slot ~2:00-4:00

(btw maybe you should add central european time (Netherlands, gemany, belgium, france, italy + a lot of other countries) to the list, because there are a lot of non-uk european members on tf2maps.net. It starts on 8:00PM here.

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Central_European_Time)

Rexy

The Kwisatz Haderach
aa
Dec 22, 2008
Dox, can you replace the beta 3 of mine with the beta 4?

http://forums.tf2maps.net/downloads.php?do=file&id=889

I know I've already got the beta 3 replacing the beta 2, but I've made some MAJOR improvements and further play testing with my community has shown me what improvements to make.

Please upload the beta 4 if you can, I'm cutting it close to the upload deadline, but I think it's completely worth it to use the beta 4. Beta 3 looks like a joke compared to beta 4.

Thanks.

Ezekel

L11: Posh Member
Dec 16, 2008
Last edited:

Zeewier

L9: Fashionable Member
Sep 20, 2008
Compiling now :)
EDIT:

Reds forward spawn does not work, but there is not reason why it shouldnt, even after recreating it still doesnt work :/

Last edited: