L6: Sharp Member
Jan 13, 2008
Looks fun!

Edit: All hail gameday!

Last edited:

Jamini

L4: Comfortable Member
Nov 14, 2008
It starts early because some of the mappers are in different time zones. Youme, for example, is British (I'm pretty sure).

Nineaxis

Quack Doctor
aa
May 19, 2008
I thought contest maps nearing final would be given higher status, not put near the end... contest ends in five days, this is the last gameday before it, it sucks to be put at the end where no one will show up for the very very very much needed testing.

If at all possible, I'd like to be moved behind repository. I need the testing. In fact, all contest maps should be at the front. Not to be rude to the other mappers, but this is our most important gameday. We should not suffer the empty server at the end.

Last edited:

GrimGriz

L10: Glamorous Member
Jan 2, 2009
We should not suffer the empty server at the end.

Hahah, so there's no point in me showing up for anyone elses map then?

How's this -

Game Day stats:

Minimum of 3 points to have your map featured in game day.
1 point for each map you play on the previous game day that is not your own.

person with the most points + contest entry = 1st slot
contest entries after that, highest points to lowest
non-contest entry + highest points:
non-contest entries after that, highest points to lowest.

That way, the more you participate (by helping other test) the better slot you get on the next game day. Maybe that would encourage people to stick around.

What Is Schwa

Jan 13, 2008
Grim, how do you figure?

Last week I played for the majority of the maps. I was out for a few during the middle because of an important phone call.

When my map was up no-one was in. It was really upsetting. I put in the time earlier in the game day to help out with other people's stuff, than they didn't return the favor. The line-up today is just about the same. It is discouraging, especially this close to contest end. Some maps have not been played on a game-day at all and other well played maps are still high on the list.

Edit: But it looks like all the maps are getting played today. The earlier start was a good idea. Awesome day.

Last edited:

MrAlBobo

L13: Stunning Member
Feb 20, 2008
this is something i find very interesting...
http://forums.tf2maps.net/showpost.php?p=45464&postcount=65
id complain to dox about this if he was online...

and grims idea sounds kinda interesting...except that it would be kinda difficult to keep track of

actually...the easiest thing to do would be to get a plugin that records how long people are in the server, make sure to reset this before every gameday, and award points to each person based on a base unit of time...like, one hour equals one point. The people can spend those points on getting better slots the next gameday and any following, or perhaps just stockpile the point for the fun of it

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2008
I'm not gonna make it for the map test :(
My computer didn't start and now it's running a disk check.

Can someone be kind and say how the playtest of pl_repository_b4 goes?

Walliard

L1: Registered
Jan 5, 2009
I believe the general consensus was that it needed more direction signs and fewer side paths, but I can't recall much else.

Nineaxis

Quack Doctor
aa
May 19, 2008
I'd like to thank youme for switching slots with me, making me feel good, and letting me get feedback with a full server.

Rexy

The Kwisatz Haderach
aa
Dec 22, 2008
Server just die? Poor Schwa, right on his map. Server looks empty too!

A Boojum Snark

Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado
aa
Nov 2, 2007
In the future can we have a rule about no excessive abuse of map issues? It's retarded and almost pointless try testing Villa's gameplay when soldier and demos could rain down havoc from the rooftops.

TotalMark

Feb 13, 2008
In the future can we have a rule about no excessive abuse of map issues? It's retarded and almost pointless try testing Villa's gameplay when soldier and demos could rain down havoc from the rooftops.

I disagree, exposing flaws is something we are supposed to be doing. It was a valuable learning experience.;)

A Boojum Snark

Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado
aa
Nov 2, 2007
I disagree, exposing flaws is something we are supposed to be doing. It was a valuable learning experience.;)
I never said we shouldn't expose flaws. I said no excessive abuse. Some flaws will need a little abuse to see if they are significant, but this particular one didn't need any.
Merely noting the fact the roofs are accessible is enough to expose the flaw. There is zero abuse needed because it's a well known fact in any game and real life battles that higher ground is a significant advantage. Abusing it for the rest of the map just nullifies any further testing results.