Mainline

CP Mainline rc5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sgt.Sausage

L420: High Member
Dec 5, 2008
Have to agree with you there, he spend A LOT of time on those screen shots and descriptions, just what you asked for. We just dont understand what you want. I mean seriously, go back and look and your responses to our posts, they are trying to help you but you seem unhelpable.

TMP

Ancient Pyro Main
aa
Aug 11, 2008
Unfortunately Void, _test30 is old since I uploaded it last week, the newest version that I haven't uploaded (_test38) has all those fixed long time ago and oh by the way the map was made mostly for comp and on 6v6 it's quite easy to win.

I'm sorry, what?

Ok. I ran through test30. It wasn't bad looking. But you have the nerve to off a person helping when you don't even have the newest version uploaded that apparently fixes the problems?

More importantly, if you are targeting the competitive playing community, why are you looking at tf2maps.net's gamedays for feedback, especially since you are updating your map at a relatively rapid rate?

I'm sorry, I normally try to stay neutral, but the way you typed out your statements was not only noobish but also really cocky as well.

Despite your attitudes I still look forward to you actually uploading test38.

I was not a part of the playtest, so I cannot remark on the way it played out.

S.W.A.T.Y

Banned
Sep 28, 2008
So I have been getting a TON of comp tf2 feedback for the past week and they said that I should redesign the far right route since it felt cramped so I have remade it and this is how it looks. Its for sure much better than before, it has height variation and its by far the best route for scouts and sollys. It has that look of badlands a bit :D

10pnlp1.jpg

2rc8nqs.jpg

s2y9l5.jpg

Last edited:

Flame

aa
Jul 19, 2009
what "ton" could you possibly be getting.

No offense and im not technically calling you out but I know about 90% of the US comp community, well the good players anyway and I'm positive I havent seen any of them playing this map nor heard of anyone looking to scrim on this map in the past week or month for that matter.

So unless youre getting feedback from pub scrubs with tf_tournament_mode on in their passworded pub server, you should hold out on updates.

Not to mention I'm sure nobody has played all 2 alphas, 30 betas, and 19 RCs.

I'd slow it down and get some real testing

Sgt.Sausage

Dec 5, 2008
I too have TONS of friends that play competitive, and i myself have been on three teams. I am not looking continuously so i could have missed it, but i haven't scene this map anyway except in some pubs (quite a few surprisingly) but they were never the latest version since its updated so frequently. No offense is meant, you might have a private group of friends that test or something, if so thats great.

Anyways, about your pictures, the new route looks nice, but its kinda confusing from just the screenshots and the only way to judge will be ingame.

On a side note, we would like to give better feedback, it would be wise in my opinion to test this map with tf2m either gameday, or night testing. Or just invite some people for a test with your "comp" players were you get the feedback from. I think reelfoot could benefit greatly from this.

lana

Currently On: ?????
aa
Sep 28, 2009
Did you test it yet?

Also, misaligned concrete in the last picture and it's now too dark.

Why is the concrete broken like that? It looks like someone went through every corridor with a cookie cutter while the concrete was setting and cut out pieces that are in no way aligned with any seam or look natural at all.

Why is there a fence on a rooftop? Who is going to be standing up there?

Those cones in the first screenshot are completely randomly placed. Why would any team place cones not in front of the damage, but behind it?

BLU overlays in RED base?

Despite the corrosion in the second picture, the road is practically untouched in terms of landscape.

The wooden boards in the third shot can't be covering windows. No sane architect would place windows like that! Align the boards with the other or just remove them entirely. Also that flap doesn't go anywhere.

Last picture: why is there a toxic chemicals warning in the middle of nowhere? Where are the chemicals? Also, cookie cutter concrete.

The hose has a shadow

Last edited:

Void

Local Man Unable To Map, Sources Say
aa
Sep 14, 2008
It looks way too dark.

Protip: You don't have a flashlight in TF2.

ANova

L7: Fancy Member
Jul 16, 2009
He's not going to use our feedback he thinks we're really bitching at him because he's a asshole to us, why do you even post here if you're not going to use our feedback I mean really just because you have it on this forum doesn't mean Valve is going to pick you up

Sgt.Sausage

Dec 5, 2008
He's not going to use our feedback he thinks we're really bitching at him because he's a asshole to us, why do you even post here if you're not going to use our feedback I mean really just because you have it on this forum doesn't mean Valve is going to pick you up

As i recall, he hasn't said anything "asshole ish" in the past page or 2, except ignore the feedback. But he can choose to do what he wants with the feedback.

But anyways my point, is this post i have heard this same thing prob 50 times in this thread and multiple times from you. Why repost it tons of times, everyone knows what you have to say, and most agree with you. Swaty obviously doesn't care, but if people still want to give feedback let them. No point being a dick about it for no reason. The arguments have stopped in this thread for the most part, their has actually been constructive feedback. Why break that streak with this useless post? No offense to you, but we get it.

Void

Local Man Unable To Map, Sources Say
aa
Sep 14, 2008
As i recall, he hasn't said anything "asshole ish" in the past page or 2, except ignore the feedback. But he can choose to do what he wants with the feedback.

But anyways my point, is this post i have heard this same thing prob 50 times in this thread and multiple times from you. Why repost it tons of times, everyone knows what you have to say, and most agree with you. Swaty obviously doesn't care, but if people still want to give feedback let them. No point being a dick about it for no reason. The arguments have stopped in this thread for the most part, their has actually been constructive feedback. Why break that streak with this useless post? No offense to you, but we get it.

The alleged "arguments" have stopped, and the "feedback" has finally been considered as such. But it still goes ignored.

Who's side are you on, Sausage? You're against SWATY one day and protecting him like he's your boss the next.

Sgt.Sausage

Dec 5, 2008
The alleged "arguments" have stopped, and the "feedback" has finally been considered as such. But it still goes ignored.

Who's side are you on, Sausage? You're against SWATY one day and protecting him like he's your boss the next.

I agree that it goes ignored, definitely not on his side. I wanted to be originally but he kept proving he didnt care. The only reason i said that was the admins have purged this thread enough times that it is obvious (to me at least) that they dont want this to be kept bringing up. I agree he ignores it, not sure why, its great feedback and you guys have taken the time even after all of this to help him, and he still doesn't even care. But why bother bringing it back up continuously, he has had plenty of chances, he obviously doesn't want feedback from tf2maps.net. You guys keep giving if because you nice, and i give you props for that. But no point for casanova (not just him) and others to be a dick to him was my point. Just dont post at all.

"He's not going to use our feedback he thinks we're really bitching at him because he's a asshole to us, why do you even post here if you're not going to use our feedback I mean really just because you have it on this forum doesn't mean Valve is going to pick you up "

That was my point, not trying to confuse people will sides, but originally i was on his side, but then he proved to not care and since then been standing firm and confused why this great feedback goes ignored.

Sorry for the confusion and wall of text. I just hoped this was over, since we all beat the topic to death.

Last edited:

lana

aa
Sep 28, 2009
As long as you guys stop fighting over whose side you're on. This isn't a war, it's a thread. We're not discussing abortion here, and even though the argument is just as heated, it's not a division of sides. Snap out of it.

Sgt.Sausage

Dec 5, 2008
As long as you guys stop fighting over whose side you're on. This isn't a war, it's a thread. We're not discussing abortion here, and even though the argument is just as heated, it's not a division of sides. Snap out of it.

Exactly my point, the argument is getting old.

lana

aa
Sep 28, 2009
Why are there random wooden boards on that building and why do the tires have shadows?

Also, who do you test your maps with?

Last edited:

lana

aa
Sep 28, 2009
Who put a mop in a sandy area? And who are you testing with?

Status
Not open for further replies.