Locking capture points by output's won't show on hud

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by MegapiemanPHD, Nov 28, 2015.

1. MegapiemanPHD

aa MegapiemanPHD Doctorate in Deliciousness

Positive Ratings:
    I'm working on a map. In this map I have some outputs set up to lock some control points once specific conditions are met. While I can get the points to lock, they won't show as locked in TF2's hud. Any ideas?

2. Muddy

Server Staff Muddy Muddy

Positive Ratings:
    Have the trigger send the following outputs:
    SetTeamCanCap 2 0
    SetTeamCanCap 3 0

To re-enable the point send those same outputs, but with the 0's replaced with 1's. Don't ask me why Valve decided not to just go with single digits (1 = red, 2 = blue, 3 = both), they just did...

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. MegapiemanPHD

Positive Ratings:
    Doing this causes C to not unlock and neither A nor B show as locked on the hud.

4. MegapiemanPHD

Positive Ratings:
    This doesn't seem to work at all since both teams can still cap both points that are set to 0

5. YM

aa YM LVL100 YM

Positive Ratings:
    Have you set their required predecessors to themselves?

6. MegapiemanPHD

Positive Ratings:
    Yes. Both A and B are set to themselves and C is set to unlock after a team owns both A and B.

7. YM

aa YM LVL100 YM

Positive Ratings:
    but C is the one you're trying to unlock via commands? set C to it'self

8. MegapiemanPHD

Positive Ratings:
    C already works. What I'm trying to do is get A and B to lock in the hud after both points are captured. The way the map works at the moment is that both teams fight over A and B. When one team captures both A and B, A and B are locked and C is unlocked and can only be captured by the team owning A and B. After 60 seconds, C locks and A and B are set to neutral. If one team caps all 3 points, they win.

I can get it all to work BUT I can't get A and B being locked to show up in the HUD.

9. Muddy

Server Staff Muddy Muddy

Positive Ratings:
    Yeah it's weird, they appear as locked but people can still cap them. Only you said that you'd already managed to lock the points, so I figured it wouldn't be an issue.

10. MegapiemanPHD

Positive Ratings:
    The best I can do is disable the capture trigger and hide the cp model. They are SET to lock but just don't show it.