L4D2 New Trailer Leaked

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
Made these, no doubt people will be interested in them [ame="http://forums.tf2maps.net/showthread.php?t=10232"]L4D2 display pictures - TF2Maps.net[/ame]

Jack Riguel

L10: Glamorous Member
Jul 19, 2009
One of the dream jobs I'd love to have after coming out of film school is to work on a creative team. Apple's got the most known one, but most all companies have something similar to do their advertisements, commercials and whatnot. Valve is one of the ones that I'd love to be a part of.

Nineaxis

Quack Doctor
aa
May 19, 2008
This trailer actually gives the characters... some character.

Awesome.

Penguin

Clinically Diagnosed with Small Mapper's Syndrome
aa
May 21, 2009
That was extremely meh. Ony good part was the bombing run.

Tapp

Jan 26, 2009
If only all those effects were actually in the game..

Those effects ARE in-game. It's the same with all valve games. Understandably you can't perform some of the more interactive gestures, and there aren't as many "pause in awe" moments either, but it's pretty much that. After all, most of the stuff you won't see in-game are the extreme close-ups, but otherwise it's all good. Anyway, freaking awesome trailer, pre-ordering right now. Okay, in five minutes, but that's all!

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
Those effects ARE in-game. It's the same with all valve games. Understandably you can't perform some of the more interactive gestures, and there aren't as many "pause in awe" moments either, but it's pretty much that. After all, most of the stuff you won't see in-game are the extreme close-ups, but otherwise it's all good. Anyway, freaking awesome trailer, pre-ordering right now. Okay, in five minutes, but that's all!

You're trying to tell me that the smoker's tongue is now a dynamic model rather than a particle effect? That those high res high poly models are used ingame and not for cinematic sequences? That players are acutally ragdolled during the bombing sequence against those cars, rather than what any intelligent individual would presume was a scripted animation for a cinematic.

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
You're trying to tell me that the smoker's tongue is now a dynamic model rather than a particle effect? That those high res high poly models are used ingame and not for cinematic sequences? That players are acutally ragdolled during the bombing sequence against those cars, rather than what any intelligent individual would presume was a scripted animation for a cinematic.

Yeah he is. except I'm pretty sure the player models are the same, just with a first LOD distance of about 2 foot.
The new smoker may well have a better tongue model, the original was pretty dire.

But being thrown against cars etc... if only and seeing the bridge explode like that... makes me wonder if its actually in the game or just in one of their movies.. D: the bridge looked so awesome in the screenshots!

Bermuda Cake

L9: Fashionable Member
Feb 20, 2009
haha
why is Nick suddenly badass?
"Look like there's been a change of plans..."
WTB
Preodered the 4 pack of this, and Borderlands with friends.
Ima barricade mah windows and live off spam and not stop playing these

Feb 17, 2009
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvBHdeWYdFg&"]YouTube - GameStop - Left 4 Dead 2 - Home Run Derby[/ame]
P.S Its another trailer

Tapp

Jan 26, 2009
Well, the bridge does explode, but obviously things like handing each other guns and removing the smoker tongues would suck balls in-game, so of course they don't actually have THAT. What I meant was the quality of the animation, character models and the between-character conversations (although a little less predominant)

Last edited:

Caliostro

L6: Sharp Member
Jul 6, 2009
That those high res high poly models are used ingame and not for cinematic sequences?

Stick this in your autoexec.cfg (if you don't have one, put it in your team fortress 2\tf\cfg)

mat_aaquality 8

mat_picmip -10

mp_usehwmmodels 1

mp_usehwmvcds 1

cl_new_impact_effects 1

In other words: yes, you can play with the high res models in Valve games. But it's heavy on the graphics.

Smashman

L3: Member
Mar 14, 2009
mat_picmip -10 doesn't work unless cheats are on.

mat_picmip 0 is the closest you can get I believe.

Fearlezz

May 4, 2008
I think the bridge does explode like that, after you cross it. It just seems SO massive in the trailer because of the music, camera angles and the whole destructive scene that comes after he says "Looks like its been a change of plans".

Edit:
btw did someone notice in the very first bombing scene, the very first one, right after he finished his sentence. When the jet flies by, Its a fullbright map. Noticed that the first time I saw it :p

Last edited: