koth_simple

KotH koth_simple A5

Dworzo

L1: Registered
May 7, 2016
User TMB help me. He made some changes:
He changed the textures (now all textures is good), he changed the map ilumination (now is better), now you can see the spawn stop (I dont know what he mean), he changed the clips and he fixed a problem with the ramp of the center of map

Read the rest of this update entry...

Dworzo

May 7, 2016
here is

Attachments

• A4Point.jpg
    A4Point.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 138

Vel0city

func_fish
aa
Dec 6, 2014
Well, one, I see purple-and-black checkerboards on the control point model indicating missing cubemaps. 2nd of all, that's a rather large capture area you have there without much cover.

Viemärirotta

sniffer
aa
Feb 5, 2016
Well, one, I see purple-and-black checkerboards on the control point model indicating missing cubemaps. 2nd of all, that's a rather large capture area you have there without much cover.

It seems possible that the map is still overscaled.

Dworzo

May 7, 2016

How to fix cubmaps problem?
Covers like in this picture ok? there is 1024x1024 with inside 4 columns and 2 walls

Attachments

• A4Pointcover.jpg
    A4Pointcover.jpg
    670.2 KB · Views: 117

Vel0city

func_fish
aa
Dec 6, 2014
Now, add something to designate what's actually the capture zone. I assume it's not just the control point model itself, so have something to mark off the capture area.

Viemärirotta

sniffer
aa
Feb 5, 2016
Not exactly. Unless the capture zone is that big. I'd recommend using hazard stripe instead either as func_detail or overlay.

BigBang1112

Oct 25, 2015
It looks pretty great from screenshots. I always wanted to create a map like this, but my map results aren't always great. :/
Good job, looking forward for updates!

Dworzo

May 7, 2016
My second feedback list:
- needs more ammo/health pickups (WIP)
- this is one enormous sightline (done)
- layout seems very maze like, and there doesnt seem to be any arrows or signs (done)
- there really is no decent way around the point, only through it (done)
- sniper is op on this map (done)
- layout needs work (done)
- little flat (WIP)
- uneven and not clipped (done)
- weird corner (done)
- you can exploit into enemy spawn with a teleporter (WIP)
- the space between spawn and the point is too large -
Heavy time is 23 seconds (Between spawn and the point ) . Is it too large space between spawn and the point?
Maybe I need 19 seconds? I need answer i dont know what i must do :(

I changed layout for 19 seconds but it looks very bad :confused:

Last edited: